Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9.2

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: Mayor/citizenship/faction system draft v0.9

Post by Johnny Walac »

Simmo wrote:Im not feeling targeted. You just made it sound like there is a real war and that was confusing. Such examples should be based on real actions. Like the Nature and Telborea (IF they are in war, no clue).
Going off-topic here but Nature paid to end the war against Telborea.

The point is. You can have a char in warring parties (Guilds).
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

• A player may not gain points from the same victim within 20 minutes
• A player will not lose points if they have died within the last 10 minutes to any opponent

Why not make both the same amount of time? Also will this work like the karma system where it's awarded to al who do damage or is it the killing blow? I apologize if this has been asked before.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Monad wrote: But basically the same rules apply as now , that you can't be in war with two different chars of yours.
Correct me if I am wrong. But this was changed. You can now have chars in warring parties. Example: DMS and Tekstone.
Oh yeah, forgot about the change you're right about that.
Cruxis Bane wrote:So by this since im in imperial, my druid would not be able to be a citizen of Britain or Mayor?
Being citizen doesn't put you in war with anyone, but joining militia will. Please read the original draft:
Monad wrote:Being a citizen to any of these faction towns doesn’t put you automatically to war with anyone and let’s you walk freely everywhere, but only if you join the militia you will be in war with the opposing towns/faction.
But nevertheless, you can have char in two different sides of the war too as long as no meta-gaming issues occur.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

James Blackburn wrote:still i'd like to see both systems seperate from each other. religion towns for religions(siege system), and few towns for this new system
Problems with limiting this system to few towns would be a problem by favoring only part of the players while those who dont live in those towns would be left totally out of the system.
What are the problems you see them working side by side?
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

H-Wood wrote:So you can only join a neutral town or town with equal alliance of your religion char, correct?
Good point, but with the chain of command chart on the front page, I think it explains that you can join only the faction towns of your own religion. Imperials can join only Lord Blackthorn towns, Law can join only Lord British towns. Law and Imperial are under the vow to Lord British/Blackthorn. What comes to Nature and Tekstone I think they could be able to join the neutral towns aswell because of their already limited factions. What do you think?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I think there's no need for such restrictions. Allow everyone to join whichever town they want as long as they have a house there. If a member of Imperial or Tekstone joins Lord British's town, it is the mayors responsibility to exile him.

These are things that work itself out as we go on.

Even if Nature and Imperial are at war now, whose to say their war will last forever. They might one day be friends. Even Law and Imperial might one day sign peace so restricting stuff now, means restricting RP in the future...
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I think there's no need for such restrictions. Allow everyone to join whichever town they want as long as they have a house there. If a member of Imperial or Tekstone joins Lord British's town, it is the mayors responsibility to exile him.

These are things that work itself out as we go on.

Even if Nature and Imperial are at war now, whose to say their war will last forever. They might one day be friends. Even Law and Imperial might one day sign peace so restricting stuff now, means restricting RP in the future...
Religions are loyal to their own Lord/King, no-one else. That's one of the downside of playing in religion, you have certain basic guidelines set on the stone which you need to follow.
It doesn't make any sense that Lord Blackthorn would allow his follower or elite fighter to pay taxes to his enemy King, and even less it would make sense from the characters point of view.

You can't be in a religion and freely choose your allegiance, that'll be the benefit of non-religious characters only which this system is mainly designated for. The restriction will be in place, sorry.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Monad wrote:
James Blackburn wrote:still i'd like to see both systems seperate from each other. religion towns for religions(siege system), and few towns for this new system
What are the problems you see them working side by side?

most likely it's not even a problem, i see this system as great boost for non religios charters role play. but the thing i don't like is militia, citizens and mayor are still tied to religion wars, if law comes in, lets say for example in occlo, i as militia fighter have to change loyality to lord british, if i don't want to do that i have to move out from occlo. if i change loyality then, my alt is agains my own religion. also if those both systems are seperate there is no more problem darian stated about mayor voting, because it's no more necessary for religions to have loyal mayor, mayors and citizens are living their own lifes. and the last thing is, well i rather see how mayors are making allies with other towns and fighting over an other city to take it in their control, than religion is just coming and leaving as they like. again i will take for example skara brae siege, law took it over, what hapened after a day imperial came back in the town, with this new system what would happen? mayor is in vote, citizens changing loyality, day by day, how can we show loyality to a king if we have to change it more then we change our socks? just because of religion wars

i apologize for my english and as i said these are maybe not even problems, and ofcurse both systems can live together, this is just how i fell looking and these coments and whole system function
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Militia, after all, is meant to PROTECT the town. Back in the medieval times militia was mustered from the common folk among the town, they fought for the town and didn't so much care who they paid their taxes to. So I don't think it should be that big of an issue to just say you're doing what is the best for the town and try to keep it as safe as possible.
I whine, therefore I am
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Callum O'Lyre wrote:• A player may not gain points from the same victim within 20 minutes
• A player will not lose points if they have died within the last 10 minutes to any opponent

Why not make both the same amount of time? Also will this work like the karma system where it's awarded to al who do damage or is it the killing blow? I apologize if this has been asked before.
Because those restrictions are in place for two different reasons.
First is to prevent two buddies make an agreement to collect militia points by killing a character over and over again, where I think 20 mins is good minimum time, 10 min could be a bit too less.
Second is to prevent you being killed in a group fight right after you have been killed the last time, where I think 10 minutes is good time to regear and get back to the fight, whereas within 20 minutes could already happen alot.