-Blessed items only be used by members of the religion...

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: -Blessed items only be used by members of the religion..

Post by Simmo »

How Nox will continue robbing people if Law is disturbing them?
How Telborea will continue his kingdom with few deaths if Law is trying to stop them?
How Dennac plagues the world without offence?

I know the answer: those 3 unite their weapons and cut´n´slash Law.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Simmo wrote:How Nox will continue robbing people if Law is disturbing them?
How Telborea will continue his kingdom with few deaths if Law is trying to stop them?

then pretty much most of shard would unite to take out their common foes... i think we have seen that before...
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Bruce wrote:

then pretty much most of shard would unite to take out their common foes... i think we have seen that before...

well imp and law dont seem like they are too friendly for each others... and nat is kind of a bit dead, law is umm under training? and rest? neutral solo players.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Bruce wrote:

But why they dont then? Unite your fingers, toes whatever and step against Nox/Telborea for an example. You get rid of robbers and so on. But its offtopic already.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Simmo wrote:
Bruce wrote:

But why they dont then? Unite your fingers, toes whatever and step against Nox/Telborea for an example. You get rid of robbers and so on. But its offtopic already.
yar lol we have... back to this topic.. yeah its a big change, maybe for the better.. who knows... maybe they could do some tweaks so non religion members could use it... but they have do some hardcore rp ingame?..
Masano

Post by Masano »

Nox, Telborea and Tekstone can still unite, nothing stopping that, just they cant have their blesses, boo fucking hoo.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

imo its fine as it is now... no need for anything else... noxes are doin fine against law without any blesses.

also this change made ranger and knight worth more on battlefield imo... since they can use blessed weapons ranger and bard are now boosted slightly in pvm and pvp

though it still boosted priest a bit
Masano

Post by Masano »

Ranger and Knight have tomes also and therefore can be in religion to recieve full amour/weapon blesses aswell as other blesses such as libation, mass healing, along with other benefits such as convocation aswell as not getting hurt by mass damage rites like conflagoration, poison wind and keening.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

not sure if it's so easy. you're right in there, but that's politics of the members of tekstone and those guilds, not the god itself. and we're talking about blesses which depend on the god power, and not just a political alliance

if nox/telborea/tekstone being allied is as simple as saying we unite ourselves to destroy law, then law and imperial can also ally to destroy nox and telborea, and it's legitimate that a law uses an imperial blessed weapon and the other way around (lol)

as far as the alliance with tekstone goes, the thing is, nox care for our items, period.they say so, even in their video :D
i would admit if nox changed their rp and start being helpful towards dennac for a good reason. but never, ever, using blessed weapons to rob.unless tekstone now want to rob ppl. lol so with some great rp change, nox could still be nox and be allied to tekstone.

about telborea, i mean, there's no possible way to be telborean and have the approval of dennac..they have their own god even.. i think it would be ok that tekstone members find it useful to ally with those guilds to help fight law. but a bless from dennac? they don't believe in dennac (atleast telborea don't), so dennac surely has no intent to help them with a religious bless
or then, present a good story about dennac and k'harcan.

we've seen nature and law allying in the past, and even tekstone with law (even thought they didn't use their ally's blesses (i think?)) so it's also possible to have this with telborea, but let it have some rp sense then..
Mike

Post by Mike »

I think it's pretty obvious what I meant. To have weapon blesses we have to give up our own RP by joining the religion, that's understood right? Anyone confused yet? Good. That means less variety in RP.

Most of the comments are simply not worth responding to, but I will yet again make a simple statement. A weapon bless is imbuing a piece of metal with some extra punch. To be able to do so requires study (meditation skill) and devotion. None of these are required to actually wield the piece of metal after it has been empowered. Blessing a weapon and handing it to someone else is the easiest thing in the world do to within an RP setting. This discussion part of the discussion is now over. Glarundis and company can stop crafting theories about religions they are not members of.

Should holding the blessed weapon of a deity make one a target for religious damage from enemy religions? That case could easily be made. I think that's the best solution, to preserve as much utility as possible while adressing the point of this being overpowered.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota