THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Wille
Developer

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Wille »

Ability to support more data being transferred at any one point in time. For example support more players online, but that'd be in the hundreds of players to require more than a 100Mbits connection.
Hear it not my lord, for it is a knell. That summons thee to heaven, or to hell.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Tyrion wrote:Are there any available PCI slots for upgrading the RAM? Also, we still have to consider the 3d test for speed balancing at the minimum. I've already stated the reasoning why and it wouldn't be a permanent change, just long enough to chronicle the benefits for all, especially our longer hop based players.
Arent pci ram cards used as hard drives and use freaking old slow ram?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Meant DDR but its possible that the ram slots are still PCI, whatever ram is fastest.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

I take it you're a newbie at comps and just meant normal RAM, cause I've never heard of PCI RAM been used as actual RAM.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

I wonder... is it posible for the staff to adjust speed of extreamly fast and strong monsters like dragons to shard lag?
I went head on with a grey dragon today, killed it after using alot of heals and and time. I wont even try royal or great dragon for following reason:
small spikes are still significant and when those spikes happen even if you are 2 titles away dragon catches up with you and hits you.
So far drakes ogre lords dont give me trouble when hunting...
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I was witness to the small lag spikes, seems a reduce in speed for larger mobs wouldn't technically be a nerf but more of a adjustment for player base. It certainly would bring more balance in some PvM aspects, which NA players may lean heavily on now.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Yeah I guess it would make sense, it's always been a problem, no monster should be able to hit you if you play properly imo, because of the way the game works.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As mentioned before, the 4GB version would be our choice for a dedicated server since they're only +5€ a month. I would of wanted that as a tryout server, but they were out of stock. More will be availible in a week or two.

What comes to dragon speed, the same thing applies as always "+/-". If the speed drops, what'll be boosted? If we boost combat skills, you'll just miss it more. If we add more magical resistance, spells will do less dmg. Adding just more HP won't really make a difference.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

you can boost their fire breeth a bit. and by bit i mean bit, please dont go crayzy with it-__-
If they are slower they wont teleport and hit us much during spikes...but they can still burn our asses. Same thing goes for pheonix and thunder birds.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Have you actually tried hunting drags with a melee char that isn't a priest with 110healing? I have, and boosting the fire breath isn't a good idea