Whines and Complains about Pangaea

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Houston

Re: Whines and Complains about Pangaea

Post by Houston »

Kent Strider wrote:Troy is always saying stuff thats not right! He told me imperial rescue only needed 100 piety but it takes 150!

Then you get a fancy comment as "Blalance"
Neku

Post by Neku »

get rid of the damn orc marksmen in the noob hrounds :oops: they just threw 2 explotion pots at me at the same time now i lost all my loot and cant get it back :?
Troy

Post by Troy »

My poor kent maybe its because i am that amazing, I forgot it would be you casting the rite and not me :)
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Darnit Troy!!! Quit making me feel bad!
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

THINGS THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN INVENTED

- stoning
No pearls for pigs. Thank you new staff for making this illegal.

- malediction
Same as above. Thank you new staff for making this illegal.

- superior animals
Make a druid, train animal lore to 88 (takes a week) and kill anything. Go nerf 'em draggys.

- heighten class
When can one start roleplaying when the grinding is made never-ending? At least thanks for the new staff for lowering piety cap to 50 so there's one issue less.

- religions as they are
Too common are these "shattered dreams" cases in which the religion doesn't satisfy the player anymore because of changes and "the piety goes down the drain". Is anything holy - the roleplay of religions has changed drastically, "virtous" Law has been tyrant (not the case at the moment) and "noble" Imperial has been a bunch of childr4p15t5 of the cyberspace (translates to j3rks killing and stoning newbies) (not the case at the moment either) and then again it has changed to real and people keep arguing and changing it depending on HP. People can't join their favorite religion because of OOC reasons fully. Has anyone noticed how Pangaea used to have plenty of female players (20%-25%ish, which is quite high for a computer game) and not too many of them showed major interest (not really quite much any interest) to religions? Why oh why? If everything keeps revolving around religions Pangaea will be a boys-only club.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Well you can train 88 animal lore fast, but you wont get a decent dragon fast/cheap.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:Well you can train 88 animal lore fast, but you wont get a decent dragon fast/cheap.
80k for a grey or so. Kills water giant, bloodlich, necromancer, daemon, exodus. And now someone laughs.. "haha, daemon, bloodlich.. oh that's great" but it does kill them easily and without a dragon you need much more training and equipment. Well, I loved pokehunting myself but I'm being honest about it and it's one of the overpowered things.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I havent bothered to pokehunt with grey dragons at all. Its boring and priest pwns just as well.
Jam Rave

Post by Jam Rave »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Gorath Blackmind wrote:Well you can train 88 animal lore fast, but you wont get a decent dragon fast/cheap.
80k for a grey or so. Kills water giant, bloodlich, necromancer, daemon, exodus. And now someone laughs.. "haha, daemon, bloodlich.. oh that's great" but it does kill them easily and without a dragon you need much more training and equipment. Well, I loved pokehunting myself but I'm being honest about it and it's one of the overpowered things.
actually its not that easy... if you play it by the rules first you have to get 65 magery to join class wich takes money so you need to harvest fields or kill small crap wich need fighting skills to train.. when you have enough magery to join the class you need other wild animals to train your animal lore like drake etc wich cost money and the time you do all this you would have made decent knight who can solo water giants, bloodliches, necromancer, deamons and exodus if im right :)
Troy

Post by Troy »

Lowering piety shoudlnt change the roleplay, if anything it could lesson it because people wont try as hard to roleplay and stand out as long. Stoning as very good roleplay reasons though and is a very good rite to have just requires alot of roleplay and not many of you all can actually roleplay. As houston said if you actually play a magic user instead of sneaking around and muling when gms arnt looking the magic user can be the hardest class ever because to get enough money in baseclass to get your spellbook and enough money for regs is extremely hard. Not to mention affording the animals needed to train lore is kinda hard if you just use that character along with having the money to train magery all the way and get a spellbook. However no one ever really does the classes like they should.