Macrocheck complaint

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Jaskier Huntley

Re: Macrocheck complaint

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

yeah.
I know what Wille said about gains and reloging,
however i dare not to logout seeing my precius gain often.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Personally I don't really see big issue why it should be changed. It's just a matter of what you have got used to to be honest and the limit have to be something. Think about it.. let's assume we put it to 10 minutes, and after a while you want to set it to to 20 or 30 minutes because you can't go to market, take your dog out or wank peacefully without having to worry about the macrocheck. If you promise that won't happen I'll put poll to forums. If more than 90% of players want it changed, I'll put it to GM forums.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Pangaea is hardcore. Keep 5min macrocheck.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Even if it was 10 minutes, we'd still have rage quits and the same excuses (i.e. Yo braw, my dad had a heartattack so had to do some CPR on him and got a MC during that time.) Makes no difference.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

10 min should be enough for anybody, if they bitch at that point instaban the whores.
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Boris wrote:Yo braw, my dad had a heartattack so had to do some CPR on him and got a MC during that time.
Haha!! Almost as funny as Masano.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Im ok with 5min but 10min would be nice ofc.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Accoring Boris extremism, UO-pangaea is still more important then your dad having an heartattack...

I didn't meant to start this huge discussion in here, i just felt that I HAD THE RIGHT TO COMPLAINT, and I do. Pangaea is hardcore yeah, it was always and still is.

For those who say pangaea is only about macroing, after it there is nothing, you're wrong.

For those who say for me to put my charater macroing, and then go see a movie or play other game, I say I don't have life for that, I play UO because I like, I open UO because I want to enjoy it, and not other games, and I'm not in the mood to be punnished in countless hours of gaming because of 5 minutes looking to other window. I've always been carefull about macrochecks, and I was unlucky..

YES I'm against macroing AFK, wich isn't the situation. And NO, i don't think I'll have my skills/stats back because of this discussion.

I've saw some huge changes here on Pangaea, and the staff wasn't afraid of changin them for better. I think it would be better having a bigger MC timer, that allows me at least to answer a gotdam email or open my home door without having to close UO window.

For those hardheaders that dont want so see my point, with all those excuses, I say I play on Pangaea since 2003 (8 years - with a break in the middle) and you rarely saw me to do such topic about game rules.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

boris, it's true people could still complain.
my idea wasn't that changing it to 10 minutes would prevent complaints. but 10 minutes would make everyone's life that bit easier.
let's admit it, 5 minutes sounds like you're in the military.
it's like, you're either with your pc in your room while you're seeing a movie or wasting time doing other pc related stuff (so a majority of your time at home will be spent near your pc) or you will have to run back to the same room every 4 minutes.
it's a bit ridiculous that every 4 minutes you go out of whichever room you're at, so you can run and look at pc for 10 seconds and then run back to your first room.then repeat every 4 minutes for 2 or 3 hours.
now put other people in your house. who do they think you are? :D
5 minutes really makes it just easier and worry-free to never ever leave your pc. of course, you won't stare at your uo screen, but you'll be there, looking at your pc or just looking above it, to the tv.

it's like those guys in lost who had to press the button every so and so minutes or whatever (didn't watch it)

changing it to 10 minutes would mean we'd go from being freaks every 4 minutes to every 9 minutes :D

and monad, your post has some reason, but i don't think people would ask for more, atleast not for long time. and so what if they ask?you can always deny it.

if you ask my opinion, i think max time ever should be 20 minutes. more than that, and you're asking for real afk skill training :P

of course, we could have no macrochecks at all, but then ppl would afk train. if the goal of the mc is to prevent players being afk, then max should be 20.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

i think 10 would be completly fine.
more wouldnt be that necessary.