Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Re: Town Siege

Post by Monad »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Monad wrote:If you can't gather 300 piety then you don't deserve a chance taking over a town from someone else. It's not that harsh if you just put in some effort, which you should. I see 500+ piety tome meetings every now and then from all religions.

1/3 of your whole religion power (approximately same situation with all religions) is not too much asked considering the impact what the town takeover has.
That's why I asked for it to be changed for the TESTING PERIOD, not permanently.
Testing period means that we test how the rite works in practice. We test it in the level we want it also to work on. If we adjust the levels differently to the testing period, then the testing period doesn't really make sense does it.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Boris wrote:
xHarlequinx wrote:One other problem with the current system is the Tekstone problem. Having guards that are automatically aggressive to all blues is a bit harsh. Can we not make it so that religions can toggle which guilds are to be targetted by guards, and make it so that unaligned blues have free movement regardless of who owns their city?
The way I see it with real estate glasses on, it gives more value to holy towns and perhaps (with time) it'll activate blue players outside of religions to support the good guys.

- Boris
indeed
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I'm not sure if it's already in there but this should be discussed.

*A 48hour delay in re-taking a siege stone.
*You shouldn't be able to spawn guards at or near the siege stone.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote:*A 48hour delay in re-taking a siege stone.
48 hour delay is already sort of agreed upon. What comes to the guards, better option would be to implement an anti-summon aura to the stone which dispells every summon within the screen area (approx 15 tiles).
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

so when u hit with lance and knock enemy out of steed the steed would dispell if its holy steed
291-697-526
Jaskier Huntley

Post by Jaskier Huntley »

Monad wrote: What comes to the guards, better option would be to implement an anti-summon aura to the stone which dispells every summon within the screen area (approx 15 tiles).
Why would you do that?I'm not sure what's wrong with using summoned guards close to town stones when imp or law will defend a town.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Monad wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:*A 48hour delay in re-taking a siege stone.
48 hour delay is already sort of agreed upon. What comes to the guards, better option would be to implement an anti-summon aura to the stone which dispells every summon within the screen area (approx 15 tiles).
Would it instantly dispel every summon that comes within 15 tiles of the stone?

I still think the stone area should be non-casting area. Once the siege is active, the only ritual that can be cast there is "siege"

Jaskier, it's because guards are very strong and therefore it's too easy to break the siege if you get guards there. If the battle is between Law and Imperial and neither side can cast guards, it's fair for both sides. However, if the battle is between Tekstone and Law/Imperial and only one side can cast guards, it's no longer a fair fight.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Jaskier Huntley wrote:
Monad wrote: What comes to the guards, better option would be to implement an anti-summon aura to the stone which dispells every summon within the screen area (approx 15 tiles).
Why would you do that?I'm not sure what's wrong with using summoned guards close to town stones when imp or law will defend a town.
20 min cooldown, usable near town stone, 60 piety only needed to end the siege. You can figure out why. :)
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Jaskier Huntley wrote:
It doesn't effect only to guards, but also to swarms, earthen wardens, lich summons, druid summons, elementals etc. But yes it's true it would mostly effect to guards. Why? I just think the stone area should be the place where you're man vs man, instead rush in or defend with shitload of summons and see who has the best/most of them.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote: It doesn't effect only to guards, but also to swarms, earthen wardens, lich summons, druid summons, elementals etc. But yes it's true it would mostly effect to guards. Why? I just think the stone area should be the place where you're man vs man, instead rush in or defend with shitload of summons and see who has the best/most of them.
+1
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2