Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

yuusou

Re: Salvation updates

Post by yuusou »

You have to look at the GMs position like a Football referee. Even if the foul wasn't much of an aggression, you have to look at the intentions of the fouler.

If you robbed, even if the items no longer exist, your intention to rob was still there and that's what you're paying for.
Uzriel Raven

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Yuusou wrote:You have to look at the GMs position like a Football referee. Even if the foul wasn't much of an aggression, you have to look at the intentions of the fouler.

If you robbed, even if the items no longer exist, your intention to rob was still there and that's what you're paying for.
Agreed.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Yuusou wrote:You have to look at the GMs position like a Football referee. Even if the foul wasn't much of an aggression, you have to look at the intentions of the fouler.

mc's come as money payment because you got some items that are worth some money.
the "intention of killing" or the actuall "killing" are paid by time anyway..because time > money! yeahh!!

now, why wouldn't religion's get murdercounts too then? they don't have to pay for items because it's war and we make it "legal" when we're at war in pangaea. but they do have the same intention in killing lol
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Glarundis wrote:now, why wouldn't religion's get murdercounts too then? they don't have to pay for items because it's war and we make it "legal" when we're at war in pangaea. but they do have the same intention in killing lol
Because they are at war? Non-religion characters don't collect murdercounts either if they are at war. There is nothing differently with religion characters.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Glarundis wrote:

mc's come as money payment because you got some items that are worth some money.
the "intention of killing" or the actuall "killing" are paid by time anyway..because time > money! yeahh!!

now, why wouldn't religion's get murdercounts too then? they don't have to pay for items because it's war and we make it "legal" when we're at war in pangaea. but they do have the same intention in killing lol
Killing a human being for his million bucks or killing him for half a slice of bread is still murder.
You could have robbed one bloody bandage or you could have robbed a full Auropean plate set, you still get a murder count for killing.

War in Pang is what it is and works fine. There's nothing stopping the various parties participating in a war from setting loot rules, as has been done before. Not to mention religious wars, which you're talking about, have an RP reason behind them (though they do tend to turn into a PvP fest).
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Monad wrote:
Glarundis wrote:now, why wouldn't religion's get murdercounts too then? they don't have to pay for items because it's war and we make it "legal" when we're at war in pangaea. but they do have the same intention in killing lol
Because they are at war? Non-religion characters don't collect murdercounts either if they are at war. There is nothing differently with religion characters.
i know they are at war, i said so. the thing is the intention is the same. to kill a person. and if robbers should pay for their intentions (since the gains (items) no longer exist) then everyone should pay because the intention was the same
Palma

Post by Palma »

Ok, let me tell everyone who are in my murdercounts, maybe with these names, you can see how FAR away they all are.

1. Fadox
2. Ricardus Cupidos
3. Andoriel Kai
4. Marco (2 times)
5. Connor (2 times)
6. Danemis
7. Varstur (5 times)
8. Damien Darkwolf
9. Andrew Willow (3 times)
10. Nobelov
11. You mama
12. Teksto Snoobis
13. Imatek Nobbie
14. Kassandra (2 times)
15. Myers
16. Gralon Darkfall (3 times)
17. Teressa
18. Methril (2 times)
19. João Mendes
20. Peter Dunchirk
21. Zandalor
22. Kevin
23. Laura Knebi
24. Marian McGoveon
25. Michael Mciza
26. Criptor
27. Oreo Descent
28. Zeronia
29. Stridor
30. Laramir Corath (2 times)
31. Groawin (3 times)
32. Uriziel
33. Krug Forceforgue
34. Anne
35. Zenatrul
36. Dreaden
37. Mary
38. Lydia Black
39. Tabian Boor
40. Jack Connor
41. Gebadia
42. Taxar
43. Nazarene
44. Hansvas (2 times)
45. Ron
46. Roger Brulotte
47. Timujin
48. Garr Growen
49. Vonnie
50. Geoffrey
51. Kerthanon Gobble
51. John Banks
53. Breg
54. Reven Banks
55. Neutac Mercury
56. Blain Starfro (2 times)
57. Mongos
58. Betty Sue
59. Maverick
60. Marica Agafopus
61. Andrew De'lere
62. Kalidas Arion
63. Blink Blibble (2 times)
64. Carlton (8 times)
65. Corvus Albus (2 times)

These screens were taken when my last kill was 505 days old. Now it's hardcore lot more.
From those 65, back when the screens were taken, 21 players were no longer part of this world.
Imagine now.

And now tell me, how is it fair to return to the shard and pay for all that shit.

PS. Back then, I already had 91 counts. Same now.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Palma raised a good point.

What about the murdercounts which came from players who do no longer exist/play?

I mean, most of the list should atleast be wiped.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

11. You mama
12. Teksto Snoobis
13. Imatek Nobbie
I'm especially in love with those.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

It's a little different, Glar.

Robbers kill for individual benefit.

A war has no individual benefit (or at least shouldn't).
If at all it can actual lead to individual grievance, like when you die.