Town Siege - Mechanisms

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

Re: Town Siege - Mechanisms

Post by Iktomi »

Raphael de Vitus wrote:Darian i dont agree with the idea that trinsic should be broken up one bit, not for Imperial to do a late night siege and take it without no resistance. This is probaly the only city which is immune to that since it takes so long and I think it should stay that way. (Not whining btw :lol: )
The point is that this wouldn't be possible. Imperial might be able to take one section over night with no resistance, but then they couldn't siege the next stone for a delay period (during which time Law could attempt to take it back). It means that it would take Imperial minimum of four nights with no resistance to be able to take over the stone. Smaller cities could be given two or three stones (or we could set Trinsic/Vesper at 6 stones)

(We'd obviously have to look at the timer for taking over section-stones. Obviously not as long as 10 hours, but also not as short as 2.5 hours each.)
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Actually Raph Nu'jelm and Jholem could be compared to Trinsic and Vesper for the amount of time it would take and the annoyance. Considering they are all over 10 hours who has people that will sit there doing nothing but wait for opposition while keeping blessed when the opposer can just rush in whenever they get enough strength.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Raphael de Vitus wrote:Darian i dont agree with the idea that trinsic should be broken up one bit, not for Imperial to do a late night siege and take it without no resistance. This is probaly the only city which is immune to that since it takes so long and I think it should stay that way. (Not whining btw :lol: )
What's the point of siege-system if it doesn't work its intended way, at least not in action? All of these towns are siege-able and it's all good that way. However, right now they are that in theory, but some of these towns aren't that in action. Compared to what it was (2 weeks in a row, which was made by someone who had obviously lost any sense of reality), it's a lot more humaine now, but it still presents the problem that we have only a certain number of players on the whole shard and most of us have to work and sleep as well. In theory, in the best days we could play for 8 hours and that's already reaching it. Asking for anything more is inhumaine and quite frankly crazy. So anything over a 8-10 hours siege is "impossible" in its current form.

I believe 5-6 hours is a humaine and good time. It means it must be planned beforehand and at least I need to arrange things IRL to be able to attend it. Also it gives the defending side a lot of time to counter-attack without giving them the possibility of just waiting until the other side is tired and weaked and then attack and take away their 10 hours of work. I know some of you think this is what Imperial does right now, but it's a whole different thing.

Right now Law and Nature members are seeing this as something that benefits only Tekstone and Imperial. However, on the long run, once you start sieging more actively - and believe me that day will come - you too will benefit from this.