The ridiculous state of PvP

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Haley

Re: The ridiculous state of PvP

Post by Haley »

There isn't any "non religion classes." Anyone can be in a religion. If a "baba" doesn't get a bless, then they are in the same state they are in now. So James, you are saying that if non religious characters aren't allowed to fight anyone they want, they won't log in? Doesn't sound right. I'm sure there will be a lot of people logging in. Maybe even more so.

Demian, the topic says "The ridiculous state of PvP", how can you say "THere are no problems with the PvP system."? And then follow it up with a problem with the PvP... You said why should we take something away from the game that "destroys RP possibilities"? The .halt command and just the fact that you can spam a macro and if someone moves you are allowed to kill them. That destroys RP and it's let in. I think that is worse for RP than what I am suggesting. Also you can gank anyone you want atm. You don't have to have a red character to kill people.

I didn't suggest having all PvPers put into one guild. I offered up 4 with the opportunity to RP other(s) into existence. So I'm not disregarding RP, I'm encouraging more of it. I am not trying to put everyone interested in PvP into a single group. It seems like you are just hiding behind the term "RP" to let you do whatever you want, whenever you want. Otherwise others are stepping on your RP toes. Kinda what you are claiming I am doing to all those poor PvPers who will be put out by people who will RP instead of spewing out a macro and then attacking.

As far as Law stoning people... I will leave my comments about that out because I know that my views of it are completely different from others and I am an extreme minority on that stance. I will only get more spirited replies to my opinions rather than try to help the situation at hand.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Don't feed the Kat Asherstone
I whine, therefore I am
Demian

Post by Demian »

Haley wrote: Demian, the topic says "The ridiculous state of PvP", how can you say "THere are no problems with the PvP system."?
Because this is an old topic and the problems were fixed already with the rule changes. You don't even know what the problems were and yet still you are here arguing about them. But yes, you are in the minority, and for a reason. What you suggested will never happen because the playerbase knows better than that so we may aswell leave this debate to that. I will atleast.
Haley

Post by Haley »

The topic isn't even 3 weeks old... I read the whole thread, the original post discussing what was wrong along with the sub topics discribing each option that Iktomi posted. So I do know what I am talking about. As far as the minority, that is my viewpoint on the religious magic prison, not my opinions as a whole. I'm glad to hear that you stated yet again that your viewpoint is correct and mine will never happen and never be considered. But luckily that is only your opinion and just like you, I'm entitled to my own opinion as well, and we can equally be wrong and right in our own lil worlds.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Haley wrote:There isn't any "non religion classes."
Lets say non-piety classes, if you wish to fuck the dot. Besides of that you seem to have no clue of anything.

And for demian, playerbase doesnt always know better. They are just bunch of greedy players that want more power for their own characters over and over again. You cant judge any decission to be correct with playerbase usualy.
Haley

Post by Haley »

Ivan wrote:
Lets say non-piety classes, if you wish to fuck the dot. Besides of that you seem to have no clue of anything.
Glad this is turning into a flame post against me instead of posting something useful.

So if you don't have piety, you shouldn't be in a religion? I remember having bards and mages and all sorts of non tome users in religions. What is the aversion to being a religion without getting piety/tome? But I understand some people are just too bloodthirsty or too opinionated to open their minds to an alternate opinion.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Haley wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Glad this is turning into a flame post against me instead of posting something useful.

So if you don't have piety, you shouldn't be in a religion? I remember having bards and mages and all sorts of non tome users in religions. What is the aversion to being a religion without getting piety/tome? But I understand some people are just too bloodthirsty or too opinionated to open their minds to an alternate opinion.
em... you can't bless yourself, instead you have to ask some high piety priest/monk to bless you, sounds like a pretty good reason to stay out of religions? you rely on powers of others, thats the thing
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Don't bully the new comers. I for one would love to have NO part in any PvP.

Whether it is about a "balance" of religions or of non-religion vs religion, it is really personal feelings so leave the "I'm right and you are wrong" out. There are a few of us who have never been in any religion, maybe we do lack knowledge. State the facts to help us understand but dont attack on our choice of preference.
Bella Pious, The Vet
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Haley wrote:open their minds to an alternate opinion.
An alternate option to a no-pvp feature in an open-world PvP Mmorpg would be...some different game. You should try that if you ain't into the whole PvP/RP/PvE thing that Pangaea has...is...will always be.

Edit: We hear your opinion on no-pvp here on Pangaea and that would shape Pangaea into totally something different. So I would guess that it's a no from the majority.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mox

Post by Mox »

Guys,

Keep it mature, meaning: politely and no cursing please.

Failure to do so, results in jail