Looting update Q&A

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: Looting update Q&A

Post by Boris »

1) Normal thieving has no looting rules. You can loot whatever you want, including magical clothes.

2) If thieving is a part of the robbery, then it goes by the normal looting rules. Everything but magical clothing/jewerly with skill abilities.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote: If a robber really wants to kill you. All he gotta do is ask for...say...10million. If you can't give him 10million he can kill you and loot whatever he wants.

I myself have used this several times as I can't kill someone for my Telborean RP. I gotta do it according to robber rules. Which I am heavily against as I don't wanna RP my char as a robber. So if I want to punnish someone for going against my RP, I gotta ask for something they can't give -> So I can kill.
Just to clarify, you could kill with whatever RP you want, but since you have decided to loot your victims aswell then you gotta play by the robbery rules.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:
Boris wrote: They don't know how much you're carrying and if you do as told, they can't attack you either.
What if the robbers have a thief that snoops your backpack?
Jeez....

If a robber really wants to kill you. All he gotta do is ask for...say...10million. If you can't give him 10million he can kill you and loot whatever he wants.

I myself have used this several times as I can't kill someone for my Telborean RP. I gotta do it according to robber rules. Which I am heavily against as I don't wanna RP my char as a robber. So if I want to punnish someone for going against my RP, I gotta ask for something they can't give -> So I can kill.
Asking for something that cannot be given should be illegal. Imo asking for 10 millions is the same as asking for your holy tome, honesty robe or other newbied item. Of course if the player happens to be carrying 10 millions then it's fine. I bet you wouldn't like if you were killed and looted because you couldn't give me a hundred carrots I asked.

If you want to kill someone and loot them without using the "robbery phrase", you have to RP it better. You can kill people because they haven't paid taxes, because they are hunting in your claimed lands, because you want to make a statement that Law cannot protect them, because they are your enemies and what not. Going to the grey-zone and asking for things no one simply cannot do or give is not the way to go.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Darian Darkmind wrote: If you want to kill someone and loot them without using the "robbery phrase", you have to RP it better. You can kill people because they haven't paid taxes, because they are hunting in your claimed lands, because you want to make a statement that Law cannot protect them, because they are your enemies and what not. Going to the grey-zone and asking for things no one simply cannot do or give is not the way to go.
Wrong. You cannot kill someone and loot them without the robbery phrase. You -must- give them a chance to give something if you wanna loot them after the killing. And yes we must loot. My experience says that people do not learn from a simple death.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

The only thing that worries me with the new looting rules is some classes as merchants and classes which have other business than fighting will now only carry the utmost necessary instead of being a bit more at ease by bringing spares or certain tools they might/might not need.
We'll see how this affects prices and the market after the rules have been in course for a while. Special rules for looting merchants? (80 piety style!)

Its a shame some robbers think it's a necessity to loot "or people won't learn". What are "people" supposed to learn about?
That they must do .online before deciding if going out of the cities is okay or not?
That even bloody bandages, carrots, sewing kits will be looted because "dying isn't enough"?

Each robber has a different way to act, according to the roleplay/character idea they built their character on. Stop excusing your actions based on others' life lessons.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote: If you want to kill someone and loot them without using the "robbery phrase", you have to RP it better. You can kill people because they haven't paid taxes, because they are hunting in your claimed lands, because you want to make a statement that Law cannot protect them, because they are your enemies and what not. Going to the grey-zone and asking for things no one simply cannot do or give is not the way to go.
Wrong. You cannot kill someone and loot them without the robbery phrase. You -must- give them a chance to give something if you wanna loot them after the killing. And yes we must loot. My experience says that people do not learn from a simple death.
Uh. At least I loot people I kill without asking for their items... Of course I'm a Tekstone priest, but I don't see how would you playing Telborea with your god differ from Tekstone.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:
Uh. At least I loot people I kill without asking for their items... Of course I'm a Tekstone priest, but I don't see how would you playing Telborea with your god differ from Tekstone.
I don't know the difference. I just follow the rules I been told.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Aileth wrote:The only thing that worries me with the new looting rules is some classes as merchants and classes which have other business than fighting will now only carry the utmost necessary instead of being a bit more at ease by bringing spares or certain tools they might/might not need.
We'll see how this affects prices and the market after the rules have been in course for a while. Special rules for looting merchants? (80 piety style!)

Its a shame some robbers think it's a necessity to loot "or people won't learn". What are "people" supposed to learn about?
That they must do .online before deciding if going out of the cities is okay or not?
That even bloody bandages, carrots, sewing kits will be looted because "dying isn't enough"?

Each robber has a different way to act, according to the roleplay/character idea they built their character on. Stop excusing your actions based on others' life lessons.
I have a character who has a way to act that is determined by his motivation of teaching people a lesson about disobeying the law of Telborea.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

To Johnny and Darian, we can pretty much see how constant the killing/robbing is and what are the reasons to do that. What I don't understand what's the difficulty in asking for gear AND gold instead just gold if you loot them both anyway. You're just trying to make it difficult for the sake of making it difficult.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote:To Johnny and Darian, we can pretty much see how constant the killing/robbing is and what are the reasons to do that. What I don't understand what's the difficulty in asking for gear AND gold instead just gold if you loot them both anyway. You're just making it difficult for the sake of making it difficult.
Nopp the thing is. I don't want to ask for anything. According to my chars RP, the victim have done a crime and should be killed and looted. But it doesn't matter how much RP I do. I still gotta say the words "Halt, hand over bla bla"

Imo the simple thing as RP should be enough for a kill and loot.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2