Salvation updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Re: Salvation updates

Post by Monad »

Thought to mention that there is still some hope for the MC's older than 1000 days to be removed but as we have 4 active staff currenly and the vote on our forum is 2-2 it's just stalling and that's why we went on the player's vote. It's not moving anywhere until some inactive GM (mainly Neon or Irming) votes or when we recruit a new one. But the vote could still go either way.

It's not because there is one or two player asking this but for me personally simply because I'm pretty sure that whoever designed the system didn't thought it to be running this long continuously.

But for now we go with the system which we have right now in place, and unless more votes are coming to our topic on the gm forums it also stays that way, and even if there would come 5th vote, it could still end up being how it is right now. But just thought this is worth to mention.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Monad wrote:Thought to mention that there is still some hope for the MC's older than 1000 days to be removed but as we have 4 active staff currenly and the vote on our forum is 2-2 it's just stalling and that's why we went on the player's vote. It's not moving anywhere until some inactive GM (mainly Neon or Irming) votes or when we recruit a new one. But the vote could still go either way.

It's not because there is one or two player asking this but for me personally simply because I'm pretty sure that whoever designed the system didn't thought it to be running this long continuously.

But for now we go with the system which we have right now in place, and unless more votes are coming to our topic on the gm forums it also stays that way, and even if there would come 5th vote, it could still end up being how it is right now. But just thought this is worth to mention.
Thank you Monad, it is worth to mention.
About the 1 or 2 players, I can tell you lots who would benefit from that change. Some that would even return to play that left because robbing was just too hard and no other chars to play with. People just don't speak up because 1-they never believed it to happen, 2-because they are away and don't want to bother until it happens.

Again, thanks, it's worth knowing it's 2-2. I guess nothing more needs to be said, it's up to you guys now.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

cant you just do both ?

taking away 1000 day old MC's will fix a clear problem for older players and possibly encourage some more activity in the game

The new rule of mcs are removed when paid for and removing timer fixes salva in rp terms for future players

the poll was sorta biased as well it gave two options for removal of MC's and one for an improved salva. the vote was pretty split suggesting players wanted both but overall more voted for removal of old MC's

there were many faults with the salva system, and both of these fixes make sense and would improve game play
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Monad wrote:Thought to mention that there is still some hope for the MC's older than 1000 days to be removed but as we have 4 active staff currenly and the vote on our forum is 2-2 it's just stalling and that's why we went on the player's vote. It's not moving anywhere until some inactive GM (mainly Neon or Irming) votes or when we recruit a new one. But the vote could still go either way.

I see the point in waiting for a tie breaking vote, but what does common sense dictate? Personally, it seems to make little to no sense IMMHO that older counts be held against a player, especially if they haven't killed in awhile. There is no factor of abuse to consider from my pov (correct me if I'm wrong).

Example: Crin goes on an Imperial killing spree for 2 years. 2 years thereafter he doesn't kill anybody / changes his RP. 2 years further, he starts killing again. 2 years more and he's changed his ways. What happened in the beginning shouldn't really matter IMO and I don't think that holding those kills against him matter since 3 kills = red status regardless. To be turned blue, should really just focus on a specific time period (6 months - 1 year maybe) vice the entire history of that character spanning previous 4 - 6 years.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Tyrion wrote:

I see the point in waiting for a tie breaking vote, but what does common sense dictate? Personally, it seems to make little to no sense IMMHO that older counts be held against a player, especially if they haven't killed in awhile. There is no factor of abuse to consider from my pov (correct me if I'm wrong).

Example: Crin goes on an Imperial killing spree for 2 years. 2 years thereafter he doesn't kill anybody / changes his RP. 2 years further, he starts killing again. 2 years more and he's changed his ways. What happened in the beginning shouldn't really matter IMO and I don't think that holding those kills against him matter since 3 kills = red status regardless. To be turned blue, should really just focus on a specific time period (6 months - 1 year maybe) vice the entire history of that character spanning previous 4 - 6 years.
We have discussed those points together with the staff for endless amounts of times but sometimes we just have differing opinions, that's it.
There is no "common sense" aspect in this topic as you can see from the players poll and our poll it's a subjective issue which heavily divides the opinions and both sides have legit arguments.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Lemme make a new Poll then, one more precise. Please don't influence it :)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

In all the time you've spent on the forum discussing this you could've made the gold to pay your salvation, just saying.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Palma

Post by Palma »

Discussing this on a forum when I'm at work, it's different then being home with free time to hunt.
And if I make about 50k a day, I need 80 days to make 4mil. Just to be blue. So no, wouldn't had done it yet.

Simple Poll here: http://www.knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopi ... 19&t=10344
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

A question about the change:
Does Law's salvation WITHOUT punishment (works only for laws) remove murdercounts also?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Jyrgen wrote:A question about the change:
Does Law's salvation WITHOUT punishment (works only for laws) remove murdercounts also?
I sure as hell hope not unless the pre-timewarp MCs are removed from everyone.

You have many old Tekstone priests in Law, your HP included who haven't paid for their crimes. I'll be damned if they get their slate cleaned and people like Crin won't.

If Zarek, Patrick, Etwoworm and whoever else there was from Tekstone should ever leave Law and kill again, it is only fair they have to pay for the old kills just like me, Crin or any other older Tekstone member.