The ridiculous state of PvP

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: The ridiculous state of PvP

Post by Ares »

What Mox said. Watch it Ivan.

PVP will never be restricted to the religions alone. I don't understand the reasoning for that idea. Their only purpose isn't PVP. I have a hard time seeing how PVP would ever be restricted at all besides by the rules.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Maybe allow the last 7 days of every month to be non-PvP "week"?
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Ares wrote: Their only purpose isn't PVP.
would like to see some data on how many encounters have ended on pvp/total encounters
291-697-526
Ares

Post by Ares »

aldath c'om wrote:
Ares wrote: Their only purpose isn't PVP.
would like to see some data on how many encounters have ended on pvp/total encounters
That's obviously not something we keep track off. Don't post if you have nothing to contribute.
Haley

Post by Haley »

When I was in Tek way back when, we had tamers, smiths, druids, bards, mages, etc in Tek. We didn't get buffs and we got to RP and PvP. Not sure why there is such an adversion to stay out of religion PVP. Maybe cause it makes them too easy a target for Law? Cause just because you can't bless yourself doesn't make sense as a reason to stay out of religions.

Thank you Bella for your level headed comments.

I, again, am not saying no PVP! Wish people would read that part of all my posts...

And I'm sure Johnny isn't the final word on what rules are applied or denied either. Since 4 people disagreed with what I didn't say and 2 others beside myself agree with some of what I said that means all 7 players on Pangea have said their opinions and with a score of 4 vs 3 the majority has won and I should just stop voicing my opinion. Oh wait, that's not the case. :-D

As to Ares' comments. The reasons for pvp being in religions only... There is very little purpose to have religious spells, let alone warring religions, other than PvP. To limit pvp to just religions, the rules could be more finite and those that want to PvP can have an avenue to pvp all they want without griefing people that don't have the time at that moment to go into a big pvp battle or who want to avoid it completely. It is a very good fix for the situation. PvPers get their kill targets and RPers get to do their thing too. All I am hearing in opposition is mostly false statements, name calling or just non justified nay-saying. I haven't heard anything that makes sense against it.
Ares

Post by Ares »

"You have no autority so I'm not going to acknowledge your opinion"
"I disagree with you so I'm not going to acknowledge your opinion"

I agree with both sides. PVP enables RP and brings a lot of excitement to the game. Those who hate PVP (like player-me) should not be forced to PVP all the time (or being PVP'd).
Limiting PVP to only some groups is just so foreign to Pangaea, and I wouldn't like it (yes, a subjective opinion, deal with it).
Haley

Post by Haley »

Ares wrote:"You have no autority so I'm not going to acknowledge your opinion"
Just a heads up. I'm not saying their opinion doesn't mean they aren't worthy of listening to. My problem lies in them saying that they have the power/right to make final decisions and rules when they don't have that power/right.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Haley wrote:
Ares wrote:"You have no autority so I'm not going to acknowledge your opinion"
Just a heads up. I'm not saying their opinion doesn't mean they aren't worthy of listening to. My problem lies in them saying that they have the power/right to make final decisions and rules when they don't have that power/right.
They don't. They're expressing their opinion without explicitly saying "My opinion is:".
Ricardus

Post by Ricardus »

People it's time to be honest!
PvP is all about besting other players, vanquish them, proving you're a better player etc.

In pang who are the ones or the one who pvp for glory and recognition??

Most just want to annoy the other players and get their items...that's not pvp, that's just robbing!

If you want realy pvp you play a game where you can't get other people's stuff like WoW or Lineage etc.

If we got a system that don't gives you other players stuff, but instead gives you pvp points or something, that with enough amount gives you access to special items, would you pvp like that or you rather keep taking other people's stuff?
Ares

Post by Ares »

We could make an arena-type system with a ladder. Could be kind of fun.