Q&A: Robber status

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Re: Q&A: Robber status

Post by Monad »

Johnny Walac wrote:Correction: If you kill and loot a red/blue char (that havent tried to rob you). You cannot loot unless your a robber.

(Unless war etc etc)
Nah, robbers can be killed/looted for that sole reason being a robber.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Athan01 wrote:Ok, say I have an in game problem with someone, with ONE person, not a tribe or army of people, I have three murdercounts left before im red. Do i declare myself a robber for 20 mins to kill and loot him? Or do i kill him, get reported and not loot?
And what if i attack him, without the intention of looting, just to kill, without robbing - and he loots me? is he a robber

This whole can't loot unless robber will cause _alot_ of hassle, for players and gms. Answers please.
You're just making hassle with these hyphotetical scenarios which I'm not surprised about tbh.
Anyway I keep answering these; as I said previously nothing have been changed in the looting/robbing rules. It's always been like this. We are the judges to when we flag someone a robber. What Wille said that "you cannot loot without demands" means more like "you can be marked as robber if you loot without demands". That's the general guideline what you just need to keep in mind and follow. If it's individual case with good reasoning or continuous killing/looting with same tactic, there's a difference. We can't write a single rule word by word to each possible scenario there is possible to each possible rule. Rules are big part about common sense and designed to what usually happens, not what might possibly happen in this hypothetical situation.

That's why there are rules like asshole rule or:
When a game master makes a decision about a dispute that aren’t any rules about, his words are just
as valid as any rule written in these rules. We will of course listen to your arguments, but when we
make a final decision we expect you to follow this weather your agree 100% or not.
This one which generally gives us the final word on situations where is no point to make a specific rule about because it's impossible. So in other words, as I said previously aswell, just leave the job for us to flag the robbers. I'm pretty sure we can separete robbers from individual cases.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Never had this problem with the old rules before this situation came in, so now your going back on this
If you wish to rob you must make a demand. If you do not make a demand, you cannot loot in terms of robbing either. Looting rules between guilds and religions are of course an exception.
and changing it again.

Ok, so we can loot our kills if we have a justified reason for the kill? Thats ok its just in that quote regarding robbing it states different just looking for some answers to what seems to be a system designed with loopholes.

And that 'hypothetical situation' is a very, very realistic one.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

If I were to answer to that post of yours I'd be just quoting my previous post, so just read it again if it's still unclear to you.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Correction: If you kill and loot a red/blue char (that havent tried to rob you). You cannot loot unless your a robber.

(Unless war etc etc)
Nah, robbers can be killed/looted for that sole reason being a robber.
Now there is a difference between red and robber. Care to clarify this?
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Sure I could, I just don't understand the question. Care to clarify?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Now that we have an environment with 2 different kinds of reds.

Isn't it time to limit the reds life to a bit easier? I mean, stoning or wrong, could either one of these be prevented for the 'murders'? No exceptions for robbers ofcourse.

Would bring more RP from the reds behalf.

Just a question along with opinion.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Monad wrote:Sure I could, I just don't understand the question. Care to clarify?

A robber can be killed and looted (Marked as a robber)

What about normal reds that aint a robber? Can blue people kill and loot him?

If a blue char wanna kill red chars (not robbers). The blue char should be marked as a robber also. Only fair. =)
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I read you Johnny, i'd say its the same way back from blue to red as the red to blue.

Would make sense atleast.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

with the .robber command as i understood it, it will make guards attack you regarless of color, so even if your blue guards will attack you?