Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: Town Siege

Post by Quintoz »

The solution "Get more casters" is 100% true but here's a problem : There are only so many players on pangaea. Let's make it work with the players we have instead of making it work for players we don't have.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cruxis Bane wrote:There are ways to get around people summoning guards there and easy ways to dispel or lure them away.
Guards were used several times and they only achieved a breakthrough with enough people and pets to support them. That does not change the fact that they require an unproportional amount of resources, time and effort to be countered in a fight with limited mobility.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Mike wrote:Sounds like you got that backwards. Imperial and Law has been at peace for ages. The system should be made with Tekstone in mind since we're the only religion to display a continued interest in pursuing pvp.
Religions change their politics and goals. Imperial may be a super active PvP religion 6 months from now when Tekstone is all about hunting Doom. That's something we can't and shouldn't control.
Quintoz wrote:The solution "Get more casters" is 100% true but here's a problem : There are only so many players on pangaea. Let's make it work with the players we have instead of making it work for players we don't have.
There are enough players. Getting them on your side is the pickle.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Taking over a city is hard for everyone at the moment.

Spawning guards -directly- on the siege stone just makes it impossible.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Boris wrote:
Mike wrote:Sounds like you got that backwards. Imperial and Law has been at peace for ages. The system should be made with Tekstone in mind since we're the only religion to display a continued interest in pursuing pvp.
Religions change their politics and goals. Imperial may be a super active PvP religion 6 months from now when Tekstone is all about hunting Doom. That's something we can't and shouldn't control.

- Boris
I'm not necessarily saying that you should force religions to act a certain way. I'm saying you should be able to examine the facts at hand and use them as your basis for decisionmaking.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Johnny Walac wrote:Taking over a city is hard for everyone at the moment.

It did take effort to even get to the stone tho... Imho, if the battle is already going on at the siege stone, you've failed the takeover sooner or later anyway.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jyrgen wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Taking over a city is hard for everyone at the moment.

It did take effort to even get to the stone tho... Imho, if the battle is already going on at the siege stone, you've failed the takeover sooner or later anyway.
Not really. The only thing at that battle that made us pull back was summoned guards. Against two religions and both have Veritas. It would have been a fair fight otherwise. I like that we made an effort against these religions and their guards. But it's way to hard to fight guards at the siege stone itself.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

It really takes some effort to even spawn them there. When you have killed all the guards and got to the town stone, you probably already made several stones around the city which ress you and hurt enemies really bad. For example..i couldnt really stay at the town stone, because it gave me -80hp every 10 seconds. Sieging a town should definately not be an easy task so i doubt that unsummoning is really needed.
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Jorgen we put over 300p into thoose stones and had to redo every 20-30m while guards can be casted with 10p so that's not a good comparison.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Guards can be dispelled with 0 piety. It sure is fun to compare.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.