New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Zendrick

New topic discussion

Post by Zendrick »

This is a great idea. Now people have to actually pay all those taxes on all of those abandoned but still owned houses.

Theoretically in 90days a lot of houses and old fields will be on the market!

Exciting :)
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Palma

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Palma »

I don't think this is a good idea to go forward with. There's players who stop playing for some months and want to return, having to pay what some houses ask for every month just to keep it from decaying... if it decays with everything in it, it's likely one less player sometimes.

Also, in my case my house has 10 months unpaid tax, which is 70k I have to pay just with the change. My house costed me 700k, so houses that cost 10mil and so on will suffer a lot from the change. It's a bit sudden imo to just throw that change like that.

Imo the house taxes should serve for something else like bonuses or so, not for house decay.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Personally I love the idea there are people who buy houses and don't even use them then when you want one in a convinent location you can't have one.

When town mayor comes in to effect I think houses with unpaid tax should stay but the mayor has the ability to release the house for sale (only when there is unpaid tax) when someone is interested in buying a house in that town.

Opens up a new aspect of RP then.

'Oh hey mr mayor I'm looking to buy a house in your town but none seem to be up for sale'

'Ok sure let me have a look if any owners haven't paid their tax in a while, oh yes there's a few here, show me the one you're interested in, ill contact the owner to see if he can pay the taxes in the next couple of days and if they don't the house is yours'
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Percy wrote:Personally I love the idea there are people who buy houses and don't even use them then when you want one in a convinent location you can't have one.

When town mayor comes in to effect I think houses with unpaid tax should stay but the mayor has the ability to release the house for sale (only when there is unpaid tax) when someone is interested in buying a house in that town.

Opens up a new aspect of RP then.

'Oh hey mr mayor I'm looking to buy a house in your town but none seem to be up for sale'

'Ok sure let me have a look if any owners haven't paid their tax in a while, oh yes there's a few here, show me the one you're interested in, ill contact the owner to see if he can pay the taxes in the next couple of days and if they don't the house is yours'
I just can see that being abused, "hmm i need new indy cloth suit perhaps ill release this house! might find something from the boxes."
Palma wrote:I don't think this is a good idea to go forward with. There's players who stop playing for some months and want to return, having to pay what some houses ask for every month just to keep it from decaying... if it decays with everything in it, it's likely one less player sometimes.

Also, in my case my house has 10 months unpaid tax, which is 70k I have to pay just with the change. My house costed me 700k, so houses that cost 10mil and so on will suffer a lot from the change. It's a bit sudden imo to just throw that change like that.

Imo the house taxes should serve for something else like bonuses or so, not for house decay.
Bonuses come once the tax is paid and mayor system starts working, i expect mayors to be able to use the tax money to make the city better.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Ivan wrote:Bonuses come once the tax is paid and mayor system starts working, i expect mayors to be able to use the tax money to make the city better.
Exactly.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Imho, the old unpaid tax should've been wiped before implementing this. Basically, some people are now forced to pay four+ years worth of taxes, or they can't refresh their house.
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

i agree with Jyrgen i think the current taxes should be wiped and start fresh with the new system
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Shednil

Post by Shednil »

I would feel lucky that they let me keep living in the city at all if I ignored the taxes for four years.

How will it work for the houses that is outside the cities? Will they just pay to the closest city?

And how will it be for the neutral cities? Will they get a stone to pay to aswell to upgrade themselves?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You all had it coming, so now it's here. Some may be in trouble, some may not. Nevertheless, that's goal - as raw and HC as it is.

Other stuff: TBA.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I like it, about time the house sitters lost the ability to do so.