Installation

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Diam Larkei

Installation

Post by Diam Larkei »

Hi all,

I downloaded the installation off the website and when I executed the .EXE a message pop'ed up-saying the file is damaged.

Any toughts about this??

Diammyboy :):)
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (28.28 KiB) Viewed 9420 times
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
dwight

Re: Installation

Post by dwight »

Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Is that latest version ???
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Here's the most lovely thing about ultima, it is a portablish program it doesnt need to be installed!

Ultima Online - Mondain's Legacy

Thats got client version 5.0.9.1 which is the last client patch pre 6.0.x.x I think the Pangaea install has an early early 5.0.x.x client so I patched mine up to the latest version just before the Enhanced Client was released. When I just did a reinstall of Windows I had trouble patching the client again, luckily I had saved this to my drop box though. For UOAM, same deal, doesn't need an install:

UOAM
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

But that installation won't have our custom statics. Better to go with either the website download or someone else sending a copy (I've got one in my GoogleDrive as well)
Neon

Post by Neon »

This error on the download, is that because it's a .exe file ?

I can upload it as a .zip file too if someone will like that.

- Neon
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

I re-downloaded it from the website and the error was gone. I guess the TCP got fucked up at some point when I downloaded first.
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Ya it does Iktomi, albeit maybe a patch or two ago, I admit i should update that but that is a copy and paste from MY install a few months back, the one I connect to pangaea with.

I believe it also has as an added goody my patch for smaller robe graphic and cloak graphics so they dont take up 40% of your pack space.

With the install the one thing I would like to see is it add the registry keys for UO as some Easyuo Macros do use the registry keys to identify the statics files, just as a side note, otherwise I just have people add their own keys, but it would be so much better if the install just added them itself.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Neon wrote:This error on the download, is that because it's a .exe file ?

I can upload it as a .zip file too if someone will like that.

- Neon
I'm not exactly sure what the issue is. It happened when trying to install on my new computer as well. Basically the download just seems to fail before it fully completes. Not sure if making it a .zip vs. a .exe would matter. I suspect it may be some sort of server issue.

I resolved it by trying to download with IE, which had a download restore function which allowed it to carry on from the point it crashed at.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Firefox, at least, often has trouble downloading large files, so I've been using these:

Code: Select all

Windows: http://getright.com/
http://www.pangaea-world.dk/file/UO_Pangaea_Client_UOAM.exe

Linux: wget http://www.pangaea-world.dk/file/UO_Pangaea_Client_UOAM.exe