market

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Biggs

market

Post by Biggs »

is there a market still being built seriously boards suck I've bidded on an item and the sale still hasn't closed 22 days after first post.

pros
enforce auction time with vendor,
better rp,
active merchants earn more money.

cons
there's no cons when I think of an idea ;)
Vaux27

Re: market

Post by Vaux27 »

Here here! Let's cater to Biggs needs! :D

I honestly thought the market was impressive, an all around great idea for RP and overall activity. Let's say we shut the boards down on the weekends and those days will serve as Market days for RP purposes. That way we'll have more active crafters and some actual shard interaction during days most people have off.

It's worth a test run at least, and seems like a plausable ideal situation for everyone.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

no no vaux a market was being built ig, where you buy stalls and can have a npc vendor selling for you asling as you supply him with the goods etc etc
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ah yeah, well while it sounded cool I can't see that happening. Would take away the little RP we do have with the winning of bids on the forums. NPC's doing anything for us would take out RP all together.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

do you not buy and sell stuff with npcs already? being a tailer with fields of white stuff I know you make a couple hundred thousand a week.... by selling to npc vendors.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Vaux27 wrote:Here here! Let's cater to Biggs needs! :D

I honestly thought the market was impressive, an all around great idea for RP and overall activity. Let's say we shut the boards down on the weekends and those days will serve as Market days for RP purposes. That way we'll have more active crafters and some actual shard interaction during days most people have off.

It's worth a test run at least, and seems like a plausable ideal situation for everyone.
I agree with this 110%. There's no need to implement the NPC thing if it's just on the weekend, and people could prepare for that during the week, so they can better serve their customers.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Biggs wrote:do you not buy and sell stuff with npcs already? being a tailer with fields of white stuff I know you make a couple hundred thousand a week.... by selling to npc vendors.

Well that's just how some merchant chars are meant to be though, same goes for tinkers/mining sand/making glass, cooks/fishing ect. That doesn't mean we should sell all our crafted items and take out RP all together.

I wish we could have our own NPC's though, would be pretty sweet.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

aileth this market was ment to be 24/7 you goto it look around if the owner not there they could sell x ammount of items of the vendor. and vaux its rp to sell your stuff ig not out of game end of story your merchant discription is totally wrong nothing should be sold to a vendor in my eyes a market with stall npc's and a market auctioneer. would ensure fair sales as people cant just buy all the good stuff without logging and checking what's up for grabs over the next 24-50 hours
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Alright, just don't think you'll see that here on Pangaea...of course I could be wrong. In my opinion if would ensure the death of RP, which currently we need to resuscitate...not kick in the ribs until it's non-responsive.

Nothing wrong with merchants selling to NPC's, it's the fighter's version of hunting.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

just to summerise after vaux oviously didn't read what gms wrote,

this market was going to be purpose build with stands you can buy, it would replace the boards making auctions fair to current active players. the market will enclude a stall npc to sell items that you gave him encouraging you to replenish your stall (items sold at set price) this ensures you not only log in to replenish stocks but also to sell items on your character as npc wpuld have limited slots. An npc auctioneer would be placed there to ensure bids are perminant not allowing people to *edit* the bid or remove it all together.

this is the info I read on boards and talked with gms about I'll find a few qoutes from gm's off the boards as this was a planned addition to the server, just seems no new info has been released is the project cancelled?