Adventure GM quests

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Adventure GM quests

Post by Monad »

Adventure GM quests are meant to be done only on dungeons when there are monsters. It should be simple as that and common sense. We are figuring out how to prevent peeps from grinding the already cleaned dungeon for more quests, as few players just got themself a jailtime for doing so.

But meanwhile it should be obvious that it doesn't work right if you can walk into empty dungeon and just collect the quest item over and over again and got the reward without any effort. So don't do it.
Biggs

Re: Adventure GM quests

Post by Biggs »

make quests for that dungeon considerably lower like 25 tickets wich would make this grinding a more time consumming endevour, I've always thought why would people want to goto dungeons like salos where tickets are like 130+ when you can goto that dungeon where this grinding happens and get 90+ the difference is difficulty is great and the tickets not so much.....
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Doesn't accepting the quest spawn a quest monster with the item? Thus it's not as simple as to walk inside and collect the item. You still have to kill the creature carrying it? As far as I know the quests have always been grinded this way... despise ftw. At least we used to take multiple quests in Despise and then kill the monsters, repeat.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Doesn't accepting the quest spawn a quest monster with the item? Thus it's not as simple as to walk inside and collect the item. You still have to kill the creature carrying it? As far as I know the quests have always been grinded this way... despise ftw. At least we used to take multiple quests in Despise and then kill the monsters, repeat.
How ironic it is that I did the same thing for the first time in my years of playing, in Destard, and got jailed for a week.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Both are wrong ofcourse, but there's a small difference in grinding Despise and grinding Destard ticket-wise. ;)

That is not the point. I'm sorry to hear if people have done this in the past, I must've been blind or simply didn't realize what was going on. I recommend the use of common sense, when stuff seems fishy or (too) easy. The staff is here to answer any questions you have. If you're unsure about something, before doing something stupid - do ask.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Boris wrote:Both are wrong ofcourse, but there's a small difference in grinding Despise and grinding Destard ticket-wise. ;)

That is not the point. I'm sorry to hear if people have done this in the past, I must've been blind or simply didn't realize what was going on. I recommend the use of common sense, when stuff seems fishy or (too) easy. The staff is here to answer any questions you have. If you're unsure about something, before doing something stupid - do ask.

- Boris
I've done this for 5 years or so, never had anybody stop me or tell me it was illegal or anything. Which is why altho it felt easy, it didn't feel illegal since you still had to clear the dungeon, find the mob and kill it and return to the quest giver.
Be that in despise, destard, deciet, fire or salos. I think this should be put into the rules ASAP so it wont happen to anybody else who was unaware this was considered abuse.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

so it will be even harder to get deadly potions now? :P

i was considering doing this when i get to the point where i need those to train poisoning. maybe this will make me try archer :P

however, i haven't started and so i have to make sure i understand.

i gotta ask for the quest before i clear the dungeon.
if i do that, i'm ok, it's legal. then i kill the monster (and some monsters surrounding it) and get the item and the tickets. now, must i wait for the entire dungeon to respawn before i can try a quest in that dungeon? Or I can just go right for another quest? Assuming that the new monster will be spawned in a new place, i'll still have more monsters to kill.
But i'm i'm super quick (or i have friends) I may clear the entire dungeon before the first monsters i killed in my first quest respawn. What then? I must wait for the entire dungeon to respawn?

also, i think ppl just do despise because it's much easier considering the little difference in the tickets?
could it be changed so that there's a real reward with harder dungeons?
Last edited by Glarundis on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

We will fix it script-wise as soon as Wille has the time.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Doing the Adventure quests twice or more were illegal? In my opinion you should add in the rules you can only do 1 quest in a Dungeon and then gotta do some other Dungeon. Heard Mike got jailed for this which seems abit harsh when they only followed the rules what was currently written.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

But meanwhile it should be obvious that it doesn't work right if you can walk into empty dungeon and just collect the quest item over and over again and got the reward without any effort. So don't do it.