PvM discussion.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

PvM discussion.

Post by Zaradon »

Zaradon wrote: PvM;

1 Fighter vs 1 MoB (meelee) - It's pretty easy to two tile them, yeah. But i have noticed some of critters have the advantage in speed to outrun 2D clients. Shoot me if you call this fair? That's one reason why people use 3D client, you should start balancing things from here, speed. If you want to encourage to use 2D instead of 3D.

1 Fighter vs 1 Mob (caster) - You can already presume what im going to say here. The endless healing what the mobs do, also the hits they deliver. Rather irrelevant to kill a caster nowadays as a Meelee fighter, be it 1 or 2 tiles the caster will just step out of the 1 tile range. The healing rate between hits of the fighter is like 1 hit vs 3 _GREATER_ heals. Some minor critter should or could have, but everything is casting in the largest/fastest scale makes it unbeliveable inhumane to kill. Yes ofcourse, the bigger one should cast fast and strong, but either cast helluva strong or just hit helluva strong along with a counter-spell + running. Would be more fun tbh.

Group vs Mob (Meelee) - Sayd above already, meelee hitters are easy on Pangaea, only thing is the speed issue. Balance it so it would be actually possible to do it with 2D client. Pick a medium packet from the player differences and set the fastest mob a little above the medium? With the current speed-system some mobs just outrun the players who are lagging on 2D, think about it.

Group vs Caster - That's a little different from 1 vs 1 with a caster. They seem 2x stronger with casting speed. Fine, works indeed. But what's all with the backup mana to heal the mob? Is there some irrational regen-rate on the mob or just two pockets of 2000 manabars on the critter?

Summons vs Caster - Also another different criteria where the casters act differently from the rest scenarios.
So, why should the lower things even know any circles above 6 or maybe 7? Leave the high end spells for high end casters. The casters could be runners WITH strong counter-spells, hit + mindblast combo or something. But with the current Caster (class) vs Caster (mob) its rather much pointless to hunt anything bigger than a reaper/vampire lord. However, i do really appreciated the AI changes that you guys made, really. It DOES make hunting as a caster possible.
Cast your thoughts about the PvM matter, the way it works right now shouldn't be even considered as fair towards the playerbase. The time we consume on skills, just to 'successfully' kill orcs is not is not what they call fun.

Yes, there is a flow on the shard in pretty many trained chars, but say what. Should'nt the strongest critter be combined from strongest classes altogether? What im trying to say here is... Shouldn't they be combined from the strongest PLAYERS, included all blesses and such.

The armor/weapons are kinda 'broken' aswell. Only a few are actually usable right now by the people, thus the reason for no smith market either. The PvM system is pretty much made for auropian and all the high end materials out there.

But why not categorize? We can have fire, that means ONLY fire dungeon (having only fire mobs inside of it)
Storm, sounds like energy/electricity to me. I've tried to use full energy set in Storm Dungeon, but hey. Most of the casters do everything else than casting energy-type of spells.

And yeah, as people already mentoined about the Void being OP. It simply has some infinite amount of mana and no spell frizzling chance. Along with a pretty good interval of casting snowstorm. Void, sounds like an earthen type of critter to me. But...uhm, snowstorm/flamestrike/mindblast/statcurse all in one 'close-to-invincible' mob? Hah...

You guys sayd Nature is going to have the strongest PvM tome, but im not gonna rub that under your nose. You guys are also busy with having a thing called 'afk'.

Either way, it doesn't stop you from tweaking this and that, from time to time.

Hitrate on meelee fighters. As sad as we all are about this one factor i suppose i'd suggest to just boost the health of the mobs, greatly increase hitrate from meelee weapons. There's a big difference in the hit/miss. If you keep hitting it gives the smith's more work, weapons would break/become useless more often. Know where im going yet?

Instead of onehitting fighters/casters. The high end stuff could just hit really fast and with low damage added with elements. The same reason i posted about weapons. It's not fun if you die to everything with decent gears and decent gears is NOT vampire bone/lunar...
Simmo

Re: PvM discussion.

Post by Simmo »

Dont need to change something that is from the very beginning (but they will still change those things).
Better loot makes me happy in any case.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Simmo, it's really easy to talk as a Priest. Yeah our priests can kick arse, now lets put our priests aside and try to do the same thing with say...2 Warriors?
Masano

Post by Masano »

The hit rate on medium to high end monsters is one thing that is annoying. For example with indy swords and druid bless still missing 8 times in a row vs a grey dragon using a bardiche (which is supposedly 85% requirement) isnt fun.
Evander

Post by Evander »

Masano wrote:The hit rate on medium to high end monsters is one thing that is annoying. For example with indy swords and druid bless still missing 8 times in a row vs a grey dragon using a bardiche (which is supposedly 85% requirement) isnt fun.
This is really annoying. Even whit 110 swords you hit 1/5 to as example: ogre lord whit broadsword, what has reguirement of 65.

And something should be done to parrying. Parry rate is awful with 110 parry, and even if you happen to parry shabooli drifters spear, you still take damage. Atleast if you parry you shouldnt hurt yourself. If elemental damage would be removed when wielding shield, it would be a little help. Any other ideas to parrying?

Im talking now at point of view of PvM. PvP could be as it is.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Parrying adds the AR from your shield to the hit you take, doesn't nullify the hit. The block rate is pretty crappy I agree tho.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Don't know if Parry is that bad, Johnny slugged through plenty of hits in PVP with his heater shield.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Shields are different. If you want to figure out how complex the Parrying system is, turn your Haldric mode on.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

I already suggested a new type of pvm where you enter dungeons on foot. Was shoot down because it would require to much work. Other than a new type of hunting its pretty good as it is. Except bard songs hurting/cursing/draining party members.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The other thing is that, the mob system is pretty unfair vs the players. Since most of the mid-high end critters are able to 2-3 shoot/hit a decent player out there. Could be more like, tons more the HP but lower risk to die.