THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Boris »

Instead of going offtopic in 2-3 different threads, target your posts here. Clients, speed differences and such are a touchy subject. Remember to talk in a mature manner. If posts get out of control, this thread and your account will be locked. I basicly have nothing else to say - so now it's your turn. I'll be happy to answer any questions troubling your mind.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Elisabeth

Re: THE OFFICIAL CLIENTS THREAD

Post by Elisabeth »

I was wondering if there is any progress happened in development of client?
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Is it possible to get the 2D client to go as fast as the 3D client w/ a speed hack that is limited/capped by the server end to compensate for some peoples shoddy connections? IF is it possible, has it been considered, if not why?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Elisabeth wrote:I was wondering if there is any progress happened in development of client?
Developement has not stopped. It's still being worked on, but as mentioned earlier, it's massive stuff.
Edward Sinclair wrote:Is it possible to get the 2D client to go as fast as the 3D client w/ a speed hack that is limited/capped by the server end to compensate for some peoples shoddy connections? IF is it possible, has it been considered, if not why?
3D has no future on Pangea. It will be banned eventually. As mentioned above, 3.xxx clients will be "the" substitute for 3D. What is a 3.xxx client? If you remember POL95 and .aos off -command, that's basicly what it will look like.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Will we loose anything with the 3.xxx version?
As in cool looking shizzle or whatever.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Changes have to be made. Malas can't be used by 3.xxx clients, so dungeons from Malas will be transfered to the current map. The users of normal clients (4.xxx or more) won't be loosing much, but 3.xxx clients don't support AOS graphics and therefore 3.xxx clients will use alternative graphics. Again, if people remember the .aos off -command from POL95, giants look like orcs etc. Also AOS weapon graphics will be altered to 3.xxx clients, so a scepter will most likely look like a war mace and so forth.

- Boris
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

And if it turns out that this client change does not help people from N/SA much?
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Those all small things that are easy to live with, afterall 3d graphics aren't exactly great either.
My question is, is making 3.x clients to run lag free for Americans possible? Like it was before pol96. What all will be involved on the scripting side (not looking massive detail just an idea of how big a project it is)

Currently the speed difference is slowly killing the shard imo. There is no fear of dieing to robbers or enemies if we all run the same pace, currently I'd I see certain people I know in fucked due to 3d, and alot of people log 3d to specifically have that large advantage in pvp - and then target the 2d users as it is like taking candy from a baby, wait for two successful hits and stay close for the third and final = unavoidable win

Typos/grammar errors due to phone autocorrect cba to fix
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I feel like all thats going to happen is Americans are going to become useless in PvP, I mean, I understand you guys don't care, but meh.
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

I am more worried about those who even with 3D can be outrunned by a 2D European.