Town Siege

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Town Siege

Post by Ares »

We're testdriving the first version of the siege system in Nujel'm.

As announced, Malediction has been replaced by a new rite called "Siege". This rite will be used to start and end a siege.

A new item has been created in Nujel'm: "Town Stone"

- Casting siege on the stone starts a town siege
- After the siege starts, every 10 minutes 1 guard (alive or in the spawnqueue), will be converted into the attacking religions guard.
- During the siege, there will be a global message every 30 minutes warning that the attacking religions hold of the town is growing stronger (just as the beginning and end is announced).
- When all guards have been converted the siege is over and the attacking religion takes the town
- If however, the defending religion casts siege themselves on the stone before all guards have been converted, the siege is broken and all guards are immideately converted back.

Starting a siege requires 300 piety
Ending a siege requires 60 piety

We know this is quite a challenge, and it's supposed to be so. This is supposed to be really hard.
A couple examples:
- Skara has ~30 guards (you can count the exact number yourself), that means that taking skara would take 5 hours (+/- 10 minutes).
- Nujel'm has ~50 guards, meaning it would take 8 hours and 20 mins (+/- 10 mins) to claim it.

The plan is, that all cities except holy cities (Yew, Britain, Moonglow, Wind) and neutral cities (Cove, Serps, Bucs, South Jhelom) will be able to be taken over.

Remember that this is a testrun, and there is bound to be stuff we haven't thought of, so stay cool if something dosen't work as you thought. We'll get there together.

Questions, suggestions, criticism and comments are more than welcome, just stay on topic and be constructive.
Last edited by Ares on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zaradon

Re: Town Siege

Post by Zaradon »

I have on question, i know i can solve it with proper RP.

But if nature stands neutral-good. So, by what means should it fit to our roleplay to "conquer" towns from other "leaders?
I mean, why should we do it if we're good and stand for neutrality/purity?

I have had some ideas about town siege vs. Nature - but they seem kinda weak but the strongest (in my books) seems that nature "captured" town should stay neutral as in with no guards.

Just a question along with a question.
Ares

Post by Ares »

That's up to you and your politics.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Alrighty, thanks.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Looks great on paper.

Hope the RP is solid for coming into Nujel'm though, previous wars and reasoning. We need to uphold a standard of IG RP much like a stoning, or else it's just more senseless PvP.
632-140-419
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Don't see why two of the relgions has the siege rite...

Law/Imperial - Kingdoms.
Nature/Tekstone - Balance between Living and Undeads.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Biggs wrote:Don't see why two of the relgions has the siege rite...

Law/Imperial - Kingdoms.
To make it fair, fun and even for everyone, and to avoid whine.. But yet there it is, almost before we've started
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I like the system it looks good!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

let me see if i understand
the attacking side just needs to cast the stone and wait?they don't have to kill the guards? (they will have to kill the ones on the way to the stone though) or do they have to kill a guard, and after 10m that guard died it will change allegiance?
also, if defending side comes and ends the siege, all the guards go back to defending religion side (spawn or alive) or the same happens, but they also fully respawn?
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

Ares wrote:
Biggs wrote:Don't see why two of the relgions has the siege rite...

Law/Imperial - Kingdoms.
To make it fair, fun and even for everyone, and to avoid whine.. But yet there it is, almost before we've started
its pang, fairness has no place here! :D

good work though I'd have a rethink on timers though, shoud take 12+ hours due to low player base atm if it grows again sure you can lower the timers.

We'll see how it goes.