Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: What have you been playing?

Post by Glarundis »

tw series are great
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

Yeah i've been playing Hearthstone on and off and i'm terrible at it.... Usually play Warlock decks.

Also tried the The Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend, meh.... it's just another WoW clone. :(
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Sane Burkz wrote:Yeah i've been playing Hearthstone on and off and i'm terrible at it.... Usually play Warlock decks.

Also tried the The Elder Scrolls Online beta this weekend, meh.... it's just another WoW clone. :(
How come, I dont see it that way... Well that might be be because i liked all the elder scrolls games i've played so far.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Its hardly a WoW clone. What similarities with WoW did you find in ESO ?
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I'll yell amongst the other finns here, ESO ain't a wow clone. It's easy to compare WoW to every single mmorpg there is today, since WoW pretty much set up the standard and came the most popular mmorpg ever made. Of course some games copy its style, since it works so well.

On topic: Playing Magic 2014 and Hearthstone, also all the games recently bought from Steam sales, like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

Tera.
friend hooked me on this action mmorpg. game gets more challenging when lvl up. very much fun.
291-697-526
Boern

Post by Boern »

I'm just finishing this game called 'Write a Paper, Due Tomorrow!'. Boy, was that a rollercoaster ride.

It's a straight sequel to 'Write a Paper, Due Next Week' but I skipped that one hoping that this one would have punchier gameplay. Anyway, it's mostly a text based game with some pictures and graphs added for your convenience. I'm not usually a fan of games with a time limit but it seemed really lenient in this game. Well, that's what I thought until I got stuck doing stupid side quests and dailies like 'Clean your bathroom' (took ages and gave some literally shitty XP) and 'Hunt down spiders in your apartment and collect 5 spider legs' (each spider yielded one leg, of course).

The plot was pretty bad too. It started so slow that I kept wondering if I was progressing in the game at all but as the clock started ticking towards the impending doom, things suddenly got INTENSE! I originally planned to do a full 100% run of the game with all the research quests and everything, but when I got my bathroom clean and there was hardly any time left, I knew that wasn't going to happen. So I had to buckle up and tackle the main quest. Proper research? No time for that now. Legit sources other than Wikipedia? Meeh, maybe next time. Studies to test the methods of the paper? I'm only a man, damn it! So I went with the bare minimum. Just... get... it... done!

Aahhh, the feeling of punching in the last full stop and finally being done with it. You feel like you've achieved something great, something heavenly, something that no one can take away from you now. But then you go back and read what you've actually written... fffuuuuuuuk. Oh well, it's not like you have time to change anything now. Just send it in and hope for the best. I've heard from other players that the scoring system is very arbitrary and based on RNG anyway so there's still a slight chance for a new highscore.

I give this game 2/10. It has some exciting moments but overall it wasn't a very enjoyable experience. I don't wanna but I probably will have to do another playthrough soon enough though. Maybe I learned something and will do things differently the next time? Ha right, totally.
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

What I meant is that it goes by the typical MMO mold: grab a quest, kill 10 boars, deliver, get another quest, rinse and repeat.

I'm much of an MMO player but from what I gather the MMO market is really saturated at the moment, and I felt that TESO didn't bring enough to the table to be successful specially when they ask 60$ + subscription. Just look at what happenened to SW:TOR, it had a lot of hype behind it, bioware production quality, 200M$ budget and of course SW ip and it managed to go F2P on a time record of only 3 months. I'm pretty sure that the same will happen with TESO.

On topic: started Zelda: The Windwaker HD for the WiiU yesterday and it looks fucking amazing! The art style is soooooo cool!

By the way, any of you guys hyped for Dark Souls 2??? It's coming march 21st, it's gonna be a blast i'm sure.
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

I've been playing some of that PoE (path of Exile) recently pretty bad ass for a free game takes everything good about diablo 2 and improves it. Also I have been into a survival game called Project Zomboid (in development) on steam. you get one character and he levels up his skills. but when you get bitten (if you turn) its game over. have to start a whole new character. you can re-spawn(randomly) in the same world. but all your skills are gone. Hard game but super fun.
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Eve guys, make sure you account is subbed during March for eternal glory.

Pangaea version of this in Irmings backyard yes thank you.

http://eve.com/monument-about-the-monument
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2