What have you been playing?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Charha

Re: What have you been playing?

Post by Charha »

I think that in general it's a bit of a waste creating all these fantasy kingdoms for online gamers who just want to concentrate on the game mechanics, monsters, loot and stuff (and somehow I feel that most players fall into this particular category). In online games that have a futuristic or a modern setting the stuff you see in the chat window doesn't look quite so stupid and feel so painfully out of place. And honestly, I don't think these hack-and-slashers really care whether they're carrying a laser pistol or a cutlass as long as they can deal the maximum amount of damage... Fantasy seems to be a popular genre year after year, but all this "kekekeke koreababa" stuff destroys the immersion.

*sigh* It would be so great to play a game like Skyrim in multiplayer mode with like-minded friends. But noooo. :|
Oomari

Post by Oomari »

Charha wrote:*sigh* It would be so great to play a game like Skyrim in multiplayer mode with like-minded friends. But noooo. :|
Indeed it would
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I found it easy to play this game as if single player.

Sure people run pass you, and it's optional to even have the chat menu. There are quests that you can do alone or with others and there are even zone quests where everyone in the city can participate. You could literally just have chat through your guild and RP as you wish.

There was just so much to do and so little to get done in two days.
Percy

Post by Percy »

Charha wrote:Is there any actual roleplaying in Elder Scrolls Online?
Roleplayers will have the option to be grouped with other roleplayers.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

Team Fortress 2. Free to download and play, it's a mindless pointy shooty game which is about all I've been good for : )
Ares

Post by Ares »

Edward Sinclair wrote:Team Fortress 2. Free to download and play, it's a mindless pointy shooty game which is about all I've been good for : )
Man, I've been trying to get into this, but it's just so confusing! A million things are happening and everyone's flying everywhere.. I may just be too old for this.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Ares wrote:
Edward Sinclair wrote:Team Fortress 2. Free to download and play, it's a mindless pointy shooty game which is about all I've been good for : )
Man, I've been trying to get into this, but it's just so confusing! A million things are happening and everyone's flying everywhere.. I may just be too old for this.
I still play Quake 1 online. Now THATS a fast paced game!
Charha

Post by Charha »

I got sucked in by Far Cry 3. It's like a first person version of Just Cause 2. Guerilla lunacy in a tropical environment; throwing grenades at sharks, driving vehicles down the mountain side, burninating the unspoiled natural scenery etc. There seems to be a plot of some sort in Far Cry 3 (I personally don't find dialogues necessary at all in an action-packed game like this) and you don't get to destroy the island's infrastructure quite as completely as in JC2, but so far I've had quite a bit of fun tripping about the pretty little sandbox, conquering enemy bases and getting eaten by tigers.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Far Cry 3 was awsesome! It is by far the best of them.
Sane Burkz

Post by Sane Burkz »

Far Cry 3 is pretty cool for like 10 hours and then it starts to become a bit boring and stale. The main story is a big cliché but it does the job. What I liked most about the game was clearing the small camps in a number of diferent ways, my favourite was to release a caged tiger with a sillenced shot and then just sit back and watch the tiger reck havock all over the camp.

I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 now that the 2.0 loot is live and i'm having a blast. Now the game actually feels rewarding to play and you get to gear you character little by little. At the moment i'm on the fence to buy Reaper of Souls... the adventure mode and nephilin rift sound pretty cool.

Oh and since yesterday there's a +50% xp boost till the xpac comes out.