So, how did you come up with that name?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kenyon Ahearn

Re: So, how did you come up with that name?

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Well Firstly I was Tidus Elitius (The very early days) along with my friend was Maximus Elitius, roman sounding lol, well we both had our names changed, apparently Tidus is a characher from FF yet I've never played that game ^^ so I had no idea, and the Elitius sounded l33t and people also complained.

I was then asked for a new name, and I couldn't think, and back then there was a random name Generator in the naming gump (is it still there?) and eventually Kenyon appeared. Then I was told I needed a second name (a month or so later) and I was in Vesper and I saw a healer called Ahearen. I typo'd it to the GM (lol Luciano will laugh at that) and got Ahearn!
So that's how Kenyon Ahearn came about and I've had him ever since.

I've also had newby mages and barbarians throughout my days, including Christian who was eventually sent to wrong, but he tried to "rob" with Nagasaki, (can't remember the full name of Butch's old char) and that was a good laugh. He however was deleted due to being in wrong lol

Tristin, I don't even know where this name came from, but his second name Sandrock was gained from an rp story/situation written alongside Trezei's Sandrock, and hence I was his long lost X relative ^^

Anson Denvare, the second name sounded like "Dare" aka adventurous and sea-bound, that was created by me, similarly for Anson, not sure why though.

Dante Clayton, my tailor, I've always loved the name Dante and I never played DMC to an extent that it was the game that influenced that. Clayton is my gf's second name so yeah that wasn't too hard.

Atroxes, well Atrox is Latin is cruelty (or something like it) and after searching a latin to english translator I found that and then Pecullia added "es" to it :P

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Biggy/Biggs a online name i have used for years straching back to when I played GTA:Vice City online/Americas Army. The name biggy/biggs is inspired by "Ronny Biggs" as some of you may know this man some of you may not, but his the man with the plan and executed the greatest train robbererys of all time stealing from the english queen herself. Pablo thats a name my mates gave to me in the pub one day.

Ultimate Vice Assasins - old clan i used to be in such a call name (greatest clan on gta:vc some of us moved onto pang have stayed here since.)
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Biggs wasn't at all inspired by Final Fantasy!! wowowow!!! Got to say I thought it was :mrgreen:
Huselius

Post by Huselius »

My first character Faberone, got it`s name from a name of a pencil called Faber, and with my great imagination i just added -"one" after it.

Huselius is a well known swedish icehockey player :D
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

Kent Strider wrote:Biggs wasn't at all inspired by Final Fantasy!! wowowow!!! Got to say I thought it was :mrgreen:
I tell you all the time. My thief was called Biggs because of Ronny too! But Daelor told me it was the fat kid on Tatooine who helped Annakin Skywalker to fix his podracer (wtf?! :shock: ). I wasnt allowed to keep Biggs :(
stating the obnoxious
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Well Rodan al'Ferran.
I used finnish-english dictionary to come up with Rodan, so it was totally random (though I wanted Rodan first to be Raistlin, but my bro told me that there is already one and no fantasynames from the books are allowed=/ ) Last name I wanted to be special, well "al" comes from wheel of time. There is Rand al'Thor as mainchar and the "al" frontline was explained there as noble or high status name. well Ferran comes from Ferrari, it is little changed though :P

Sarah Bealyn
Her name was originally Ayrion, but someone told me that it sounded like some 1947643597364 year old wizards name, so I got it changed. Sarah is just basic name name wich just popped to my head. Bealyn comes from beautiful or something like that..

Mathrim Elric
I have got his name changed too. It was at first Ashrot Shadowblade. And quess what, he was an assassin. I know, it is lame and first name sounds like a rottening ass, so thats why I got it changed ^^. Mathrim is also one of the mainchars of wheel of time. and Elric comes from the fullmetal alchemist anime serie. (If gm wants to change my name after reading this, make it Indiana Jones, since he is a treasure hunter :geek: )

Rahvin
I have used this as my interweb nickname for a long time. Well, it comes from wheel of time! What a surprise! It is one of the bad guys in the books, thou not quite goodone since he dies..

Thats all folks! Thanks for reading!!

Ps:
I am a nottyboy for taking so many names from books and series :p
Rodan al'Ferran - Necromancer
Sarah Bealyn - Grandmaster alchemist
Rahvin - poor knight
Attilah

Post by Attilah »

Reakwon - Wutang Rapper.....
Ruption Black - BMX called Ruption...Black
Drakier Azuma - Random
Attilah Darkskul - random for attilah but soon found out hes a famous barbarian himself (coincedence) Darkskul..i wanted him in tek lol

the end
Marcus Orisso

Post by Marcus Orisso »

Rodan wrote:Elric comes from the fullmetal alchemist anime serie.
I saw you hanging around Britain and all I could think afterwards was "EDUWARDOH ELERIC-SAN"
-Marcus Orisso
203'6°496"27° Magincia
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Huselius wrote:My first character Faberone
Faberone could be the name of Fabius's horse.. I already had Fazio and Fabrizio.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Marcus Orisso wrote:
Rodan wrote:Elric comes from the fullmetal alchemist anime serie.
I saw you hanging around Britain and all I could think afterwards was "EDUWARDOH ELERIC-SAN"
Haha lol'd :D that's how the say it in the series indeed :D