What would you want to do IG?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: What would you want to do IG?

Post by Boris »

There are actually a lot of things in cooking, that haven't been found/figured out. There's a few nice things and one huge thing, that is better than any potion on the shard.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

Similar blesses would also not be a problem. Look at all the current things that can bless you, potions, religions, bards, mages. Expanding the options of where blesses can be generated from expand the options of what classes can be played and what makes a good hunting party.

You could script the fact that you could add the usage of tinkers tools on dragons corpses, to make a nice dragon necklace. But if no idea is ever given out about this addition, no one will ever figure it out. How often do you randomly use tinkers tools on a dragon corpse to see what would happen. Are the unknown things about cooking presented in any way giving any clue or idea on how to uncover them? Are they things a cook should normally consider and come across? Are they performed with actions a cook normally does? I'm just curious on how to go about learning these things. Some things added can be so complicated on finding out the recipes or even what object to use on what object to initiate the script.
Lily Shiar

Post by Lily Shiar »

Yudhishthir wrote:Similar blesses would also not be a problem. Look at all the current things that can bless you, potions, religions, bards, mages. Expanding the options of where blesses can be generated from expand the options of what classes can be played and what makes a good hunting party.

You could script the fact that you could add the usage of tinkers tools on dragons corpses, to make a nice dragon necklace. But if no idea is ever given out about this addition, no one will ever figure it out. How often do you randomly use tinkers tools on a dragon corpse to see what would happen. Are the unknown things about cooking presented in any way giving any clue or idea on how to uncover them? Are they things a cook should normally consider and come across? Are they performed with actions a cook normally does? I'm just curious on how to go about learning these things. Some things added can be so complicated on finding out the recipes or even what object to use on what object to initiate the script.
You have point there, but I still think players have to find those by themself. Think about that when first player figures it. It will be awesome.
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I must be perfect!
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

it's true, but the possibilities are endless!
you have to be like hilda if you want to spend the time finding new stuff like that :P

about the hitrate, it's really annoying, but it seems that you only walk around the monster you'll fail a lot less.
of course you can't do that with dragons, but you can with any other monster
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hit rate with a scepter is OK with 110 mace, sub-par with 106 and dissapointing with 100. Good or bad?
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ivan wrote:once again this brings into my mind cook boost that someone asked... adding good effects like potions have to food would make cook actualy useful... example blessing somehow... increasing crafting skill or something and they would be sold a lot... Make them differ from potions effects and then its all good. Like food that would lock inteligence gain for 10minutes would be awesome... or suchs like that.
Taking this idea a step further; could just rename the cook to farmer. The cook class is essentially a harvester class as it is. They aren't useless. If the cook was renamed to farmer, more additions could be given to match that title; such as herding, possibly even taming and veterinary, carpentry etc.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Besides Fishing and Cooking (the basic income), a cook also has 100 mining and 100 lumberjacking. Not to mention 100 Taste ID.

It's a really rich class in skills as it is.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

perhaps we could know what kind of stuff (which merchants) we haven't found yet, atleast that would stop us from looking where searching is useless.

also, how do the gm's also know everything that exists?unless there's a list somewhere? :P
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

...I still think players have to find those by themself. Think about that when first player figures it. It will be awesome.
This reflects my view on players having to discover things. There's this awesome feeling when you discover something in Pang that turns out to be something never done before! Discovering things is one of the coolest aspects of a game, so there has to be lots of stuff out there to discover- but do the players know this?
Besides Fishing and Cooking (the basic income), a cook also has 100 mining and 100 lumberjacking. Not to mention 100 Taste ID.
It's a really rich class in skills as it is.
I don't craft much if at all on my blacksmith, but with GM mining the amount of ores alone would make him quite rich :O
Mike

Post by Mike »

I want to start a new religion.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota