Iru Kendji - Dry Looting via luring a mob.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Iru Kendji - Dry Looting via luring a mob.

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I was waiting for something like this to happen and I heard it happened earlier too a couple of times. So Kenyon is indeed warning people for a reason.

The problems include:
- I start to run to healer instead of waiting to take screenshots, while running the robbers can lure harpies and whatever - practically a GM needs to catch them in action
- ultimately, screenshots can be faked or the situation can be made to look different than it was in reality; maybe Iru was "just looting his own items from the harpy back and Kenyon's ghost just was accidentally there too as Kenyon had been killed earlier"

Also remember:
- Your auro-indy gear is never safe, it can decay in your daily PvM activities too without PvP being involved, it happened just yesterday to an experienced player
- Killing and leaving items to decay is legal

Solution:
- No auros and indys for Despise or swamps
Agen Kolar

Post by Agen Kolar »

Kent Strider wrote:Robberies-
If the robbery is initiated while the victim is fighting an NPC (as in hunting), the victim is allowed to move out of the NPC attack range, without it being considered running away from the robber.

He has been breaking this rule as well attacking in the Frost Giant area inside Ice.
Actually it doesn't state in that rule that robber is not allowed to attack a victim in monster area, but victim is /allowed/ to run away from there if he wish. If he stays near monsters, that's his own fault imo.
~ Heron Katsaros ~
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Will my items be returned?

And I can upload a ss of the harpy looting me.

Edit, here's the SS.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:Will my items be returned?
Well, back then, when TTB was in action but not even formed yet IIRC, I was illegally looted by Marcus to avenge Ivan looting Alexis illegally (chain reaction). First Ivan had illegally looted Alexis out of ignorance (he thought the defending participant can loot or something)... I think neither side got the items back in the end. Marcus and Ivan just got a mark for illegal looting tho.

I gave Alteran descriptions of my items but he could not locate them. I got nothing back. Now that this is a hot topic, it may be Iru or some of his buddies has trashbarreled of hid your stuff, anything is possible.
Xippy

Post by Xippy »

The easyest way to put end this looting would be 300 piety stone.

when you have got out maybe you have learned something.
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

Elite Onyx Maul - Ethereal Dream-
Full exceptional Scarletite plates without Gorget.
Full +5 silver strength jewels.
Fortified Fancy shirt of parry
Fortified Robe of healing
Indestructible Body sash of Macefighting
Fortified Cloak of resist
Cloud Giant Sandals
A bag containing:

3 greater Clumbies
4 greater Mana vamps
2-3 gheals
400 bandagaes
4000 gold
Fire fiend sandals,
Fire fiend leather leggins
Fire fiend fortified bandana
(all exceptional quality)
Various training weapons
Kyrstal maul (exceptional)

If he gets away with a 10 day jail setence and a few marks, and my stuff is trash barrelled, I don't think I'll have the urge to play anymore, Kenyon is my main character and the cloths they looted, plus the gear is very valuable to me, it isn't fair that some idiot can get away with trash barrelling items and then continue to play. The only person who looses out here is me, because Iru has effectively achieved what he wanted, to grief me and ruin my gameplay.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Neku

Post by Neku »

that's mmorpg for ya ;)

really though, give his stuff back :x that is an order!!! :D
Summer Hill

Post by Summer Hill »

I really can't understand how sadistic players can be. Killing, but dry-looting. This has definately been took too far, something needs to be done about it now. I really am starting to hate some of the playerbase due to the inapproriate amount of stress they put on players.

They should be punished accordingly to what they have done... my thoughts are banned from the game. Why should players who do not cause problems such as this, feel like they need to quit.

(I am very angry and has tried my god damn hardest not to swear on here) :evil:
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

more inappropriate behaviour, yesterday i was rping with theoak, and whoever other murder i was on 1 health with no gear cause ogre took it all, was good rp, i was on my own, then Iru turned up outta nowhere didnt even stop just ran in and attacked wtf :evil: and no one can defend that as being rp!
Summer Hill

Post by Summer Hill »

I think we all need to stop the whining and get something done about this, jailing or stoning won't teach them anything at all. I just don't know what... *thinks*
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.