Osama be Dead

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Basil Brotheamus

Re: Osama be Dead

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Anyone who truly believes that the death of bin Laden would somehow make the world safer is a moron imo. ;)
You really think those radicalists who's been bombing themselves for the past decade would say "Oh, they got him. Right, let's surrender"?
Didn't think so, this will just fuel the fire and from this day forward we're living one step in a more dangerous world.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!

When you have family that was injured or killed in something like that, you would understand better.
Basil Brotheamus

I do understand, I'm sure feels good.
But I was talking of the big picture. I'm sure the jihadists don't understand or feel pity a bit.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

We know there will be backlash, but at least its worth it.
Uzriel Raven

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:I do understand, I'm sure feels good.
But I was talking of the big picture. I'm sure the jihadists don't understand or feel pity a bit.
He's alive, he causes trouble, he's dead, someone else causes trouble. We know this, you don't have to point it out. There is no big picture. Shit's been going on since we started throwing rocks at each other, and we'll keep on killing each other until we're all dead. The end.
Last edited by Uzriel Raven on Mon May 02, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Basil Brotheamus

We know this, you don't have to point it out. There is no big picture.
Lot of politicians or other high figure people seems to be cheering that world is a safer place, as our foreign minister for example. Dull statements, that's what I'm pointing out. There is a big picture but it's a matter of choice to see it or not.
Uzriel Raven

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Do tell of this big picture, I'm not being sarcastic. I gave you my opinion, be it a very cynical one. Share yours. ^_^ This is Open Discussion after all. The reason I say there isn't a big picture, is because we've always had people like Bin Laden. Only thing that's changed is the weapons and technology they have access to and the size of our population.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

People will always hate, no way to stop it save armageddon.
Basil Brotheamus

Uzriel Raven wrote:Do tell of this big picture, I'm not being sarcastic. I gave you my opinion, be it a very cynical one. Share yours. ^_^ This is Open Discussion after all. The reason I say there isn't a big picture, is because we've always had people like Bin Laden. Only thing that's changed is the weapons and technology they have access to and the size of our population.
Sure. I think it should be quite clear already by now for everyone that the current tactic doesn't take away the threat of terrorists but feeds it - as you said, you'll keep going on killing each other endlessly with no end in sight. Easier said than done but why beat the dead horse? If you look the situation from out of the box you'll see the tragicomic absurdity. Why not try some other approaches to the situation and even consider dropping the "we don't discuss with the terrorists" -attitude.

I'm not debating how realistic or possible these solutions are and I'm not an expert on the subject at any way, but the absurdity of the "You kill me, I kill you" back and forth is just.. pointless?
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

You know as well as we do if we stopped retaliating that only thing that would happen is we would just be getting killed only, right?