Moderator: Game Masters

Daren Priesten

Re: What have you been playing?

Post by Daren Priesten »

South Park The Stick of Truth- Awesome!
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Daren Priesten wrote:South Park The Stick of Truth- Awesome!
Gonna try it out tomorrow!
Boern

Post by Boern »

Rock of Ages

I got to crush Leonidas, Vlad Tepes, Charlemagne, Plague, Plato & Aristotle, Leanoardo da Vinci... with balls of stone. It also made me ponder the futility of life and existence.

10/10

Here, so you don't actually have to play the game (it's pretty bad):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5fXCfXMilY
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Ive played that game too :D bought it from Steam when it was like 0.5 dollars or so, fun game!
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

I would totally check out a game like that for half a dollar.
Charha

Post by Charha »

That Rock of Ages looks crazy awesome. The price is a bit steep for me at the moment, but I'll grab it if it's on discount at some point.

I've been playing Mount & Blade: Warband. I guess this is one of my favorite games ever. It must be, if I see dreams about it. Dreams in which I break my lance and fall off my high horse only to get immediately axed to death by a group of beard-faced, screaming huscarls... As far as the graphics go, the individual units - such as the horsemen in this picture - aren't that detailed and sparkly, but imagine there's like 200 of them (and they all want to kill you). Very immersive! The game is also quite versatile; if you get bored with the single player campaign, you can try out custom battles or play online.
Attachments
warb.jpg
warb.jpg (199.88 KiB) Viewed 7867 times
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

checked that one a bit on youtube, looks pretty great.

what kind of games are there that have all those elements combined?some sort of rpg + fighting + commanding soldiers, all in the same game.

it's like mixing a baldur's gate with 3d graphics and total war series
Charha

Post by Charha »

I can't think of anything like that except M&B, which, however, puts a definite emphasis on the battles. There are a few RPG elements in the single player campaign. You get to level up your character, upgrade your fiefs and castles, humiliate belligerent drunks in the taverns and influence lords and ladies etc. But there's no actual story, voice acting or scripted plot elements. It's still a good game, and you can tell that a lot of love went into making it. Oh hey - not to mention that there are plenty of mods out there. There's bound to be fan made RPG content in there! After all, the game has a lot of fans and I suppose that many of them (LIKE ME EH EH *fart sounds*) are quite bookish and refined as well as capable of coming up with content that makes the original game even better.

(I did try this game called War of the Roses that seemed similar to M&B, but it seemed to be multiplayer only and the players were dicks).
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

My best friend introduced me to APB:Reloaded. Haven't really gotten too much into it, but it looks pretty awesome.

Another game I am getting back into (slowly) is Lord of the Rings Online.

A little difficult when doing school and work but I'll be trying out APB soon here. :) One aspect of the game I already like is the character creation stuff. Pretty awesome for a Free to Play game.
- Pigeon nest located at 242-025-016 -
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

World of Tanks

Me + Xip dominating WG :P
Last edited by Zaradon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.