Macrocheck timer

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

5 or 10 minutes time to answer to macrocheck?

5 minutes to answer and punishments as they are
57%
10 minutes to answer and harder punishments for failing
43%

Total votes: 90

Uzriel Raven

Re: Macrocheck timer

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Jessica wrote:5 minutes.
If the limit is 10 minutes and punishment is harder, it will just punish harder people who forgot they had macros/game running and left their house for whatever reason. Like for instance I forgot to log off last weekend when I went to buy a pizza (I was a bit drunk :( Thats my explanation!).
I still vote for 10 minutes, but damn, that sucks Jess. Over the years we've seen people play uo drunk. It's either funny as hell watching them, or they end up screwing themselves over. *Shakes fist at the pizza*
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

10 mins, though not to harsh a punishment please :)
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

vlvoted 5 - if I'm going to fail wich I dospent jail time recently for this id rather it just be a stat and a skill not stat skill drop and possibly 6-12-24 hour jail (jail seems most viable harsh punishment)
Yudhishthir

Post by Yudhishthir »

Never missed a macro check in all my 10+ years of UO.

It's not hard to turn your macros off if you know your going AFK for longer then 5. Even if you're going away for 2 minutes, and something happens like a kid spills something, or your dog crapped on the floor. It happened. You coulda turned your macro off and saved yourself from an even bigger hassle. Now you're frustrated from the spill, go back to the computer and missed a macro check. Now your ticked. All in all, you could of turned your macro off.

Get a macro alarm for those alt-tabbers. When your in another window, it's easy to surpass 5 minutes thinking it's 2 writing an email. Get a warning to let you know?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Maybe just make punishments harsher, especially for repeat do-ers.
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

oh please gentlement...
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Yudhishthir wrote:It's not hard to turn your macros off if you know your going AFK for longer then 5. Even if you're going away for 2 minutes, and something happens like a kid spills something, or your dog crapped on the floor.

Actually if I remember correctly you can be macro'd up to 5 minutes after doing your last skill or stat.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Yudhishthir wrote:If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Then why you have an average of 54% of player population telling to change?

Well keep it like that, one Pangaea for the kids who just have to go to school and play the rest of their time.

8 years ago I was like that too...
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Yeah, let me brag about my clean record also.

Why the sudden change now? How does 5 more minutes make anyone's life easier? You can finally stretch out your legs and relax on the toilet now? Just don't macro if you don't have the time guys. Yeah it sucks staying near a computer to grind out annoying skills, but most of you choosed to stay with this shard for the challenge. Suck it up.
Last edited by Vaux27 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
632-140-419
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

To change something like this, I said we'd expect at least 90% of the playerbase to want the change with common reasoning. But as many players have stated against it and as the score is quite much 50/50 there is no point to change the system. Players have spoken.
dwight

Post by dwight »

u mean players who already have everything macroed spoken..

its cool if you keep it, just doesnt fit 50% of playerbase