Clean looting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Allow clean looting?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 57

Aerius

Re: Clean looting?

Post by Aerius »

Tyrion wrote:In the future, yes, it's too soon to be discussing this topic as the shard population will decrease at an exponentially rapid pace.

Edit: Maybe adding a limitation to WHAT can be looted: armors and weapons or cloths and jewelry would be another direction to go. Our community cannot handle full looting, it ALWAYS ends badly for one and benefits the other, the difference in wealth becomes apparent quite quickly after a few battles are one in succession.

Edit2: Also, the maturity level of our player-base is a topic for concern. It WILL cause more aggression and bickering (IG / OOG) than what staff has had to deal with thus far, not to mention we still don't have another GM to handle the growing EST zone.
I agree with this 100%... as this is a subject that should be addressed in the future. There are many more important things at this time that need to be done first. Scripts, Website, Playerbase, etc... :idea:
~639-910-660~
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

I guess whining about robbers robbing less armour at this moment as no sence.
I am training a char at this moment and many robbers already passed by without killing or robbing.
Nowdays they actually dont robbe noobs
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

This is the correct poll to answer to.

What comes to the insurance system, it could be done by Harry the Handyman. Also, it could be limited to lower-end clothing. You could newbify only durable to massive? Leaving better clothes as free game. Just throwing something out there.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Imho all clothes should be lootable, else everyone that can afford clothes just gets way too strong.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Very true. Yet again, perhaps repeating myself, if we add magical clothing to the list of legal looting - it's basicly the same thing as clean looting. If you loose armor+weapons+jewerly+clothes, there goes 90% of the wealth you're carrying.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

honestly speaking, why not make it so you can loot weapons/armors/jewelry + a percentage of your clothes?never all the clothes.

or something like.armor/jewels/weapons or clothes.but not both at the same time.

still run the risk of loosing clothes, but we won't get drylooted and ragequite.

i'd rather have full dryloot, but it will get out of control
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Very true. Yet again, perhaps repeating myself, if we add magical clothing to the list of legal looting - it's basicly the same thing as clean looting. If you loose armor+weapons+jewerly+clothes, there goes 90% of the wealth you're carrying.

- Boris
At least it'd stop people from running around in full indy clothes... If you wear no clothes, you lose no clothes. In order to kill things, you most certainly need armour and weapon (unless you're mage of course), but you don't actually need clothes to kill things. The problem is that if clothes can't be looted, everyone just ends up with +10 (sooner or later) skills, thus decreasing the differentiation of playerbase (skill-wise). Could just rename 110% to 100% and live happily ever after.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

and seems opinions are 50/50.
Milkbags

Post by Milkbags »

Clean Looting no good. Dont force those of us that dont want to PvP into even bigger losses in a situation we wanted to avoid in the first place.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i don't see much sense in "avoiding pvp"..
if you go out of town, you know there are risks. you can die to monsters, and you can die to robbers.
should we ask for monster to ress and give our stuff back because we want to avoid trouble?
doesn't make much sense that we play a game and avoid all the hard parts of it because we want it to be safe.
it's like asking a team to make a game and asking them "please, make it so that there's nothing too hard or no game over and stuff"

:D

come on, this is uo!

it's like saying we only want to play half of the game. which is perfectly fine in a single player game where you want to do these quests instead of those ones.
but in a mmorpg, if pvp can happen, it can happen for everybody and when you're a victim you must face it.