Poll on piety system

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Wich piety system do you prefer?

Current system
28%
Updated system
72%

Total votes: 69

Breg

Re: Poll on piety system

Post by Breg »

Personally I see nothing wrong with the system the way it is now.. for the fact that first of all you have a fighter with mage-like capabilities how often does that happen? even so when it states the classes are divided up to prevent poor role play right on the class information's. I have nothing against a 60 piety Priest, Monk, and a 40 piety Knight, Ranger. that seems fair to me in all aspects and as it stands now your asking for one thing to never be completed when the staff already has so many changes in mind for the classes themselves including Monks. I say let it be and see what comes next, then afterwards you can all have your follow ups.

713-069-188
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Andoriel wrote:as for old days vs nowdays
Back in the 80 piety days the longer priest stays in religion the stronger he becomes, thus become close to a demi god. We may not had alot of 80's running around but we had bunch of 50-60 even some 70s running around and that was annoying enough. While any other char out there has much lower threashhold, you train your skill get heighten your done...priests didnt. They only get stronger and stronger after heightening their chars...
My point is priest growth of power needs to reach its limit with out being a demi god. Current system or the update makes heck allot more sense then old days
Monad wrote:Training a tamer to 100 requires quite much more effort than training bowyer to 100. More effort equals more reward, less effort equals less reward - that's how it is here. You can choose whatever path you want, but don't blame the system if you choose another.
So following Monad's logic, training a priest requires a lot more effort than any other fighter class. Only assassin with 100 poison can be somewhat compared to a priest and that's only because it's so damn slow to train. But even poisoning is macroable where as piety never was before - except now when you only have to wait for the timer to run.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yes, if you are talking about piety. the problem is, piety was gained not through training a skill, but through extra-skill system (rp, in this case). just this fact, can make it unbalanced. why do some chars have all their strength in terms of skill and how long they train it, and some others (only some others, not all the classes) get stronger with something that has nothing to do with skill? should we then, add rp to the list of skills like herding and provocation and anatomy?since it can be "gained"? but then, why only a few classes get to have it?piety can not be qualified as a normal skill because it's not "trainable" like any other skill, it's a totally different thing.

Anyways, I found priest easy to train compared to how strong it is (except for res spells, never actually trained it), but meditation and healing were surprisingly easy considering how good they are.
poisoning is a LOT harder than those two combined times a lot. look how many heightened priests there are, and how many assassins have more than 90 poisoning, not even saying 100.

i'm not sure if the hardest classes to train are the best classes like monad suggested. i don't know how hard or easy it is to train a barbarian's str, but apart from that the class seems very strong and not hard to train. don't see anything hard except for poisoning for an archer (and archery which consumes materials), and 85 poisoning is doable. meditation and healing for priest were easy (atleast for me).
assassin (not counting poisoning, which is omgsohard to train) has other hard skills to train like hiding and stealth, and they don't seem to make your char better than a 100 med/100 healing priest :P

i guess different skills give different advantages, but i would say some skills are definately harder, but not necessarily better as in rewarding you more.

peacemaking is the easiest skill to gm, atleast from all the skills i've trained, and it can be very useful in some hunting situations.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Stay on topic or get jailed.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

The poll shows for itself...Seems we'd like the updated system!
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Question.

So in the updated system 40's go back to 30 and have to earn it back?

Not too thrilled with having to earn my 40 again. :lol:
632-140-419
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

SiC goes back to 40.

That's about it if I understood it correct.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

SiC goes back to 40 unless enough days in religion, same with 40 piety priests. If you didn't have to earn the 40 then shouldn't be too bad.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Kent Strider wrote:SiC goes back to 40 unless enough days in religion, same with 40 piety priests. If you didn't have to earn the 40 then shouldn't be too bad.
Even if enough days, there'll be a vote on it. There's no straight 50 to anyone. It's just additional piety for guys who want to work their asses off + meet the requirements in days.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.