Barbarian

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Barbarian armor changes.

Plate helm + gorget, everything else stays
2%
Full chains
13%
Something else.
13%
They are fine.
73%

Total votes: 55

Mike

Re: Barbarian

Post by Mike »

Tinks wrote:
Mike wrote:
Tinks wrote:I'm amazed by the amount of whine posts on the forum these days.. Seems like every little thing that could improve your class/pvp needs to be made into 5 different forum posts or polls demanding a boost or a nerf.
Fucks sake people, start thinking about things that could improve the RP, the fun, the immersiveness and so on and quit whining about your class or whatever.

In other posts people whine that babas' are overpowered and instakill etc. and here you want a boost for them.. I vote no :)
The bold part is what people are trying to accomplish.
Your "ironic" posts are getting boring.. You complain about everything that makes your pvp hard, and accuse everyone who disagrees of being a troll, or have ADD or edwardianism whatever that is, and so on, without really having reasoning behind your arguments.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here :P I just think it's too much with the complaints already. Everything is imbalanced on the forums these days. Personally I think things are great, but I only have merchants atm so what do I know ^^
I do have reasoning behind my arguments and people do make statements that point to such conditions. That is not to say that they actually suffer from them, only that their way of expressing themselves on these boards makes it seem so.

As for you my friend, you have me feeling quite like this:
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Back to the topic, kids.

This is a poll where we can aswell discuss about the class. Yes, with the current new add-ons by the staff we've gotten a small boost, so this is _one_ reason why i made a poll like this one.

A kind of an armor change or whatnot. But as the majority thinks they should stay the same, i dont mind that.

Any GM able to lock this before this gonna turn into a flamewar? Thank you.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Boris wrote:Fulls chains could be okay if bones were restricted completely.

- Boris
I wouldnt mind this. As barbarian right now there is no diference between full baba suit and bone armor...Infact enchated bone and demon bone are better then most baba suits.
BUt knights and other classes should be restricted from bone armor as well, its only fair right?
Last edited by Andoriel on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The tailors will suffer even more, as priests are basically the best class and nobody already needs bones except casters. How many active casters do you see on the shard, compared to fighters? >_>
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

man leave them as is, they dont need tweaking!
Azrael

Post by Azrael »

Priest to full studded only, but baba's to full ring.. Nah.. That wasn't a very bright idea now was it..

But if you want to have that idea, I am all in favor of Argon's idea.. Babas, limited to studdeds only...

=/ If it isn't broken, does it really need to be fixed? Imo baba armor is just fine. They get full chain w/ exception of ring tunics n sleeves or bones.

Now if someone complains about auro's again, maybe you should read more or ask about new implements.

Giants bones are just as good as Auro's and cloud is just as good if not better as both due to more slots usable.

As for those that say, "have you tried it" why yes I have. I actually will use bone armor if they are good enough (same thing as chain, unless im just pissing away gear) I have alot of bone invul and forty and I have noticed it is easier to get Poison protection or fire resistance bone peices than chain peices so when I hunt the appropriate monster, I use bone armor.
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

Azrael wrote:Giants bones are just as good as Auro's and cloud is just as good if not better as both due to more slots usable.
Nothing stops you from wearing cloud gorget under your auros or with your giant bones, it's all equal in resist value for all classes.
Evander

Post by Evander »

Boris wrote:Suddenly full bones don't really sound that bad at all. Tailors need more market and (only) bones would restrict babas from rhodium.

- Boris
+1, full bones for babas sounds good.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I wouldn't mind full bones for babas. For one reason, babamail is still more expensive than full chains, it gives less AR aswell. Makenosense imho...
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Barbarians are one of the few classes that do not need any boost.

Therefore I'd restrict the armors to either full ringmail - no one is using them atm - or to bone armors giving tailors more work.