Class system rebuilt

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

So?

Yes
48%
No
43%
Who cares
10%

Total votes: 21

Glarundis

Class system rebuilt

Post by Glarundis »

ok would you be willing (for whatever reason) to have the class system be looked at thoroughly, fixed, tweaked, adjusted, balanced, so that in the end the classes become really balanced.
like, a fresh start (not changing the classes, just fix here and there, but radically).
no more things like "too late to change this" or "priests will be better" or nothing like this. real balance between fighters and between fighters vs magic users. things as they should have been from the beggining, so no whines like "but now my char will be worse and his will be better". a deep thoughtful at the class system in order for it to be as it really should be.
blablabla

who would want this?
Boris
Admin

Re: Class system rebuilt

Post by Boris »

We have a structure and we're loyal to the owners of Pangaea. We've basicly promised not to touch it.

So we simply try to get as much around the class system as possible. For a completely new class system, you basicly need a P2-like sideproject.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Breg

Post by Breg »

I vetoed and voted yes.. But as far as it concerns anyone the cleric system needs to be far more harder to achieve then it is now even with the piety timer changes for all classes. If they are going to be allowed such power. Some minor tweaks here and there will come in time. The greatest thing about this shard is that it is like an ever evolving creature waiting to fly. And it takes all of us making unbiased opinions and suggestions to get there.

713-069-188
Percy

Post by Percy »

Roleplay shard = roleplay for piety and not a timer.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Boris wrote:We have a structure and we're loyal to the owners of Pangaea. We've basicly promised not to touch it.

So we simply try to get as much around the class system as possible. For a completely new class system, you basicly need a P2-like sideproject.

- Boris
i know, but couldn't we hypothetically do this, just on paper, so we see what are the classes that really need to be boosted and what classes need to be nerfed. and then, after we clearly see and know it, knowing we can't change class system, we'll try to find the best way around it. but to check which classes are balanced or not, it could help to change the class system in paper and see what would need change.

i understand the promise, but can other things like statcap and small specific class stuff be able to balance what is unbalanced on the skill list?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:
Boris wrote:We have a structure and we're loyal to the owners of Pangaea. We've basicly promised not to touch it.

- Boris
i know, but couldn't we hypothetically do this, just on paper, so we see what are the classes that really need to be boosted and what classes need to be nerfed. and then, after we clearly see and know it, knowing we can't change class system, we'll try to find the best way around it. but to check which classes are balanced or not, it could help to change the class system in paper and see what would need change.

i understand the promise, but can other things like statcap and small specific class stuff be able to balance what is unbalanced on the skill list?
The oath was sworn in blood on the stone of Jupiter. NO CHANGE!
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Generally there has already been dozens and dozens of changes to boost classes. Surely there can always be some fine-tuning here and there, but radical changes (for example Priests and 100 resistance) are simply too late. It's a structure that has been solid since the start. Only clear and critcal flaws have been fixed... or lets say a flaw, when mages were granted their GM mace. The reason for that (at least for me) was the fact that every class should have a primary combat skill.

When you look at the changes around the class system, it's a long list...

- Monks are able to use black staves
- Rangers are able to use halberds
- Change is piety system (piety cuts for Priests, piety boosts for Knights, Rangers, Monks)
- Change in piety timers (boosts to Knights, Rangers, Monks)
- Wipe of magic reflection charges (boost to casters)
- Ability to wear magical clothing under plate legs (all plate users)
- All classes in a religion get regenerated by the altar
- Manastones can be used to transfer magical properties from shields to order and chaos shield (fighter classes)
- Rangers can wear platemail breastplates
- Assassin and Warrior regenerate health faster than other classes
- Statscap update I (Archers, Assassins, Rangers, Mages)
- Boost in breastplates (boost to plate users)
- Arnament easier to cast (Knights, Rangers)
- Intervention mana costs reduced (Knights, Rangers)
- More petslots for Druids
- Ability to gain 50 piety (Priest, Monks)
- Stonerain, beeswarm, snowstorm boosted
- New spell for druids (Equilibrium)
- Frost field replaced with Frost ring (Necromancers)
- Numerous rite updates (Nature, Law, Tekstone, Imperial)
- Mage class boost (faster mana regen, GM mace, faster casting)
- Song of stunning boost (Bards)
- Statscap update II (Assassin, Knigth, Ranger, TH, Warrior, Druid, Mage, Necromancer)
- Boost to elemental ammunation (Archers, mostly Rangers)
- Grasping root boost, Tidal wave boost (Druids)
- Weapon dmg update (all classes)
- Monks can be voted as HP
- Knuckled gloves for Monks
- Removed favourism for tracker vs. tracked (mostly Assassins)

More stuff on 2DO and that's basicly the road we're on. Instead of radical, perhaps easy and fast changes - we go around the system and add stuff little by little. Yes, it's a long road but it's the one we follow.

- Boris
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yeah I know you've done a lot, just seems like an essentially artificial limit.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Amen.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Don't see a limit coming... but yes, if we'd just make radical and rude changes - it would be fast.

We're on a long and safe road, but hopefully it's rewarding eventually.

- Boris