Ranger vs. Knight

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Ranger vs. Knight

Ranger
48%
Knight
53%

Total votes: 40

Elisabeth

Re: Ranger vs. Knight

Post by Elisabeth »

Boris wrote:Eventually a Ranger will do more damage, than an Archer, with a bow.

- Boris
Maybe with one shot, but what about DPS?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It depends.

Archer /w non-blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Ranger will do more damage.
Archer /w blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Archer will do more damage, in PvM.
Archer /w blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Ranger will do more damage, in PvP.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote: Archer /w blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Ranger will do more damage, in PvP.
- Boris
Id like to know how big is the difference. Lets say a knight with 85 tactics (40 piety) with 100 tactics baba, both have mauls. The knight hits harder?
I rephrased it because i have no idea what dmg those bows are making.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You'll just have to find out yourselves.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Xippy wrote:Delete your archer? while can rejoin class and have 100 archer and other 85 tactics,85 healing. Anyway i dont know if your archer were any good.
Archer was shit. Just had poisoning trained really.
Elisabeth

Post by Elisabeth »

Kent Strider wrote:
Xippy wrote:Delete your archer? while can rejoin class and have 100 archer and other 85 tactics,85 healing. Anyway i dont know if your archer were any good.
Archer was shit. Just had poisoning trained really.
Ye, real shit...
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Quintoz wrote:Being decent all around isen't a reason to bring a ranger over a knight or an archer or both. The current ranger is like the Tekstone tome it's suppose to be decent in terms of Pvp / PvM and have some RP value but the end result is that it's shit when compared to one that is focused in one area. Some call it "Intresting" the rest of us calls it shit - I feel the same about rangers.

i must agree with this. we can argue rangers are decent for area x and for area y, so they can be useful just like chars that are great at x but not so much at y, and the other way around. but why would we do that? it's only really useful to have a "decent char for all areas" if you could only play one char. but since you can play 5, you can just log off when you stopped doing something in area x and switch to your char that excels a lot in area y. sure, if you have a "decent char in both areas" you don't need to log off and switch chars. yay!
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote:It depends.

Archer /w non-blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Ranger will do more damage.
Archer /w blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Archer will do more damage, in PvM.
Archer /w blessed bow vs. Ranger /w blessed bow = Ranger will do more damage, in PvP.

- Boris
Sounds about right.

Considering the dev's are trying to make the religion classes depend on their _own_ blesses, mean like. It wont benefit if you are getting your weapon blessed by your 115 medi 60 piety HP.
But it will benefit you more if you bless your junk with your _own_ piety and _wear_ the same item.

That's what i've always wanted to actually see. But yeah, whoever is making a Ranger, dont hesitate to train one to the maximum, you'll be happy having one. Both, PvM and PvP wise once you learn to use the class.
All i can tell it's not as easy as piloting a priest/knight, Rangers skills vary a lot so you need to 'switch' between them in a frequency based on the situation. Bow + Poisoned Bardiche/Hally can be deadly in both, PvP and PvM. No matter the poison, weak or strong - just the principle of 'making your healing longer' is enough to drown everything down the toilet.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Zaradon wrote: Considering the dev's are trying to make the religion classes depend on their _own_ blesses, mean like. It wont benefit if you are getting your weapon blessed by your 115 medi 60 piety HP.
But it will benefit you more if you bless your junk with your _own_ piety and _wear_ the same item.
i wish it would be like that, honestly. we already have druids and bards to help everyone :D
Zaradon wrote:just the principle of 'making your healing longer' is enough to drown everything down the toilet.
heheh
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

IMO, Ranger will never be as good in PvM than a Archer. Which is what my Archer is nearly strictly, a PvM damage from distance character. If your Archer is in a religion and receives a bow bless it will be substantially better in damage because of tactics alone. I haven't tested but I can assume a non-blessed Archer with 124 Tactics(Ancient +Indy+DB) without a bow bless, will be better than a blessed 109 Ranger.

If the Ranger class had 100 tactics, I would of switched long ago.
632-140-419