robbers and looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Robberes shut be alowed to loot

Poll ended at Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Nothing (Just do it for RP)?
4%
Gold & gems?
30%
Other things to (Hides, bones, regs and so on.)?
11%
what they ask of the victim?
4%
Everyting but magic cloth
19%
Dry?
33%

Total votes: 27

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: robbers and looting

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Troy wrote:We have allowed you to macro at banks again to try and get activity around it to come up. But you all dont do that.
The inn area is very popular spot, because of possibility of logging at the inn, many people having inn rooms upstairs, healer nearby and the runekeep.

Creating another little bank there somewhere ("third bank of Britain") would be helpful, if making characters meet each other ingame more is the goal.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Troy wrote:We have allowed you to macro at banks again to try and get activity around it to come up. But you all dont do that.
Maybe no one even said anything until now? Are we supposed to just magically know that rule was changed back? I mean FFS anyone that was playing when that happened knows it helped kill the shard, dumbest rule ever implemented.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Mike wrote:That's forced RP. Not likely to add anything to anyone's enjoyment.
It's even UN RP imo, acting ridiculously is not (your average character's) RP, acting logically is.
Not really, it all depends on your level of immersion. Our characters can ride around swinging their weapons and shout at each other the same time. But the interface only lets us do one of these things at a time. The ideal for RP, as in acting, is probably to talk > exchange an attack or two > talk > fight again etc. But we all want to win, so that is never going to happen. Talk > fight to death provides a middle way.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Maximilian Lhoth

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:Not really, it all depends on your level of immersion.
AI abuse is my roleplay, heh. Usually I start luring enemy guards, naturally so that the enemy notices it, to the direction-they-should-NOT-go-to and that means I am prepared for a battle. Also no one is hurt yet, except NPC's.

Another silly thing I noticed... when Imperial attacks Britain for example, I am allowed to fight them, but not loot them, neither are they allowed to loot me from what I understood. What if I kill one or hurt one, and there is also a Law member around. The Law member can loot the dead Imperial member, even though it was (partially or fully) my kill. Hell, the Law member can even give all the looted stuff to me.

Not that I would do this thing for loot, but the fun only. I definitely love PvP, especially defensive PvP (easier for a mage). And not the sceptering and killing, the whole scenario.. luring guards, dispelling them, paralyzing enemies, running away from their discorporations which instakil me 60% of times et cetera.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I must have forgot to post it when we decided it. However kent it wasnt dumb back when we had so many people that there would be 20 or more at bank. Everyone macroing there caused it to be an extreme lag place and no one could really go through the town easily. There were reasons for it being done then.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Maybe the rule in itself wasn't dumb at the time, the way Seraph went about it sure was.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Maybe you could make pvp arena which would appear lets say somewhere in britain it would cost 5'000 coins to join one tournament and there is one tournament each day winner gets all moneys etc etc would be some pvp with good price.

EDIT: there would be time when you need to get your self trough a portal at britain and luna bank after signing into tournament then comes list order of fighters and who against who... gear could be taken from open boxes and it should be returned to there after fight. etc...
EDIT2: There would be time limit of 5min for each fight and if either one dies before that it would be draw and both of fighters would be dropped out. Aswell there should be time marked for the tournament like "starting at 12:00 (gmt +-0)" and you should be there a bit before
Maximilian Lhoth

Kent Strider wrote:Majority of the playerbase wants dry
33% wants drylooting. I would want drylooting if it would not mean stoning to most probably be implemented again but it is not an important issue for me so I don't go campaigning for it (I'm already an annoyance with all my campaigns). And if stoning was not there, robbers would fear no one. Taxar, the long time head priest of Law, even stated once, that from his experience robbers are mostly only afraid of Stone and Wrong. I have even personally "Wronged" a robber (luring to guards, running zig zag, and being lucky) - immediately; the next day I went to metagame the robber out. = P

An option would be GM approved stoning only, in the case if robbing totally gets out of hand, "Winchester gives the power to magically imprison the person, except if he stops criminal actions for at least one month" or something.

Why would (powergamer) robbers really be afraid of anything else? They can wear junk themselves, gank one guy in elite gear 5 vs 1, and go log off. Just like my mage at Malas, I just go hunting there without gear (as a mage can easily hunt with no gear) so there's not much to fear. If I was killed by Imperial I would possibly lose my items as no one would be at Malas to save me.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I can completely agree with Max, I like the idea.
Maximilian Lhoth

Ivan wrote:Maybe you could make pvp arena which would appear lets say somewhere in britain it would cost 5'000 coins to join one tournament and there is one tournament each day winner gets all moneys etc etc would be some pvp with good price.
Can be made by a player or a group of players. A "gladiator" guild perhaps?

- Jhelom Arena every weekend at a certain time
- Both make themselves grey (by double clicking a guard outside the arena with war mode on) to avoid people getting marks

And it's not necessary to give all to the winner.

Let's say 5 people participate, each paying 10 000, it will be total 50 000 gold. The prizes could be following:

1st: 50% = 25000 gp
2nd: 25% = 12500 gp
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 6.25%
5th: 3.125%

(a small amount of gold will be left unused, donate it to the poor!)

I remember Holger arranging one, I was there to druidbless people... well, the first battle consisted of 2 (skilled character and player wise) Laws in apotheosis...