robbers and looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Robberes shut be alowed to loot

Poll ended at Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Nothing (Just do it for RP)?
4%
Gold & gems?
30%
Other things to (Hides, bones, regs and so on.)?
11%
what they ask of the victim?
4%
Everyting but magic cloth
19%
Dry?
33%

Total votes: 27

Whitewolf

Re: robbers and looting

Post by Whitewolf »

i won that turnament and got the Nightmare!! WOOO ME <3

how about this, we all meet in despise I set my traps and you all got to get out alive, 1 at a time running from lv3, to outside and servive if you live you get 10,000 gold from me, if you die, THEN YOU QUIT ULTIMA ONLINE!! :@
Houston

Post by Houston »

Tame 30 phoenixes and release them at each entrance.

Have that.
Aidan Sandrock

Post by Aidan Sandrock »

If you saw a murderer at one time it'd get you thinking "oh no please don't let them rob me.", now it's "meh what the hell can they do?"
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Aidan Sandrock wrote:If you saw a murderer at one time it'd get you thinking "oh no please don't let them rob me.", now it's "meh what the hell can they do?"
Exactly, can't even roleplay a robber now cause they aren't scared, some of them even say, "What ya' gonna' do? Take my gems? *chuckles*"
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Kent Strider wrote:
Aidan Sandrock wrote:If you saw a murderer at one time it'd get you thinking "oh no please don't let them rob me.", now it's "meh what the hell can they do?"
Exactly, can't even roleplay a robber now cause they aren't scared, some of them even say, "What ya' gonna' do? Take my gems? *chuckles*"
And people cheat on the gold thing all the time. They have 5000, but only give 500. Happens all the time. Is this even legal?

I used to trash all my items, always carrying a trash barrel with me, while "roleplaying" with the robbers, but I used this only against the religious ones.

The rare "honestly robber but by miracle not yet stoned" robbers earned my respect though and I treated them accordingly. At least personally I would hate to play a character that is vulnerable to wronging and stoning with no allies... unless I muled all the stuff from my robber to my main character of course.
Last edited by Maximilian Lhoth on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houston

Post by Houston »

There were retarded robbers, such as 80% of NoX members.

Some were pretty good.
Dista

Post by Dista »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:Gold, gems / possibly bandages, bones, hides, ores, reagents, arrows, bolts feathers, obsidian, sand, potions and such.
Agreed, no magics, no sets should be stolen, as a young player it is way to hard to be able to afford anything newly crafted... :(
"Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher."

- William Wordsworth
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Rincoe wrote:
Maximilian Lhoth wrote:Gold, gems / possibly bandages, bones, hides, ores, reagents, arrows, bolts feathers, obsidian, sand, potions and such.
Agreed, no magics, no sets should be stolen, as a young player it is way to hard to be able to afford anything newly crafted... :(
Even normal sets (like vampire bone with titan parts + snograz maul or so) are an annoyance to get because of the trouble of finding someone who can be arsed to sell em, with lowish playerbases.
regdab

Post by regdab »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:
Rincoe wrote:
Even normal sets (like vampire bone with titan parts + snograz maul or so) are an annoyance to get because of the trouble of finding someone who can be arsed to sell em, with lowish playerbases.
Okay how hard is it to find someone to sell them? Quite difficult. Now imagine as a robber, how hard it is to find someone wearing them. For what? 1000 gold nowadays, imho you aren't going to see anyone robbing anymore because frankly it isn't worth the risk.

There was once a time where if you weren't trained high enough, you wore crap gear. Purely out of fear of being robbed, though its nice to be able to wear empyrean around with crappy skills, it is kind of absurd.
~555-334-995
Dista

Post by Dista »

Lower PlayerBase.. therefore if someone stole your shit it is not easy to replace and may lay your char up for quite some time with no armour weapon etc.
"Come forth into the light of things,
Let Nature be your teacher."

- William Wordsworth