Official poll on Poisoning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How should poisoning work?

1) You gain poisoning and intelligence from hitting targets
32%
2) You don't gain poisoning nor intelligence from hitting targets
68%

Total votes: 53

Boris
Admin

Re: Official poll on Poisoning

Post by Boris »

Poisoning training has already been made easier. The training cycle from 0% to 100% is in scale (unlike before) and by decreasing potion prices (mainly dpoison as it can be used all the way up to GM), we can make it affordable. We already fixed the regs and by the looks we need to adjust brewing slightly as well. The target for dpoison is to be sold under 1000gp's.
Darian Darkmind wrote:First it was nerfed after Darion reached 100 poisoning...
Actually it's nowdays better than before Wille's (temporary) fix.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Biggs wrote:it already has been with deadlys easier to apply and they are much cheaper, it was never broken in the players eyes till now :D
In my opinion, a skill that's practically impossible to GM is broken.
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Ares wrote:
Biggs wrote:ares - people trained it to 85 too the hard way its already been made easier and less expensive to train why make it more easy and less expensive?
I'm not sure what your point here is.. I'm not arguing either for or against either option, I just commented on Darians point.

Just because someone went through hell (as the only one?) to train something does not mean we shouldn't fix the broken system. That argument is insane and we'd never have any progress with that mentality. Yes, it sucks that they had to train it when it was shitty, but come on, let it suck and let's move on and make it not shitty in the future.
Right, pay 10+ mills that I spent back to me, then I dont care whatever changes you will make to system.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

i don't see a potion that cost 860 gold before you included any fail rates and time involved selling for 1k even if they are made easier than a lesser cure to make.

I feel for you dar.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It wouldn't call it broken yet. I guess people still assume GM poisoning's impossible, even though the training cycle has been made easier.

If prices go cheaper and intelligence gains are removed, it'll have an impact as well. Unavoidably GM poisoning becomes cheaper and cheaper down the road.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:It wouldn't call it broken yet. I guess people still assume GM poisoning's impossible, even though the training cycle has been made easier.

If prices go cheaper and intelligence gains are removed, it'll have an impact as well. Unavoidably GM poisoning becomes cheaper and cheaper down the road.

- Boris
Didnt the alchemist boys tell you already? You are talking cheap cheap, ofcourse its cheap if you supply all your reagants from hunt and the alchemist is your alt but alchemists want profit and as i understand deadly is still like 2k :F
Ares

Post by Ares »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:Right, pay 10+ mills that I spent back to me, then I dont care whatever changes you will make to system.
Dude.. What? First of all, that's an extremely selfish statement. Secondly, what? So if the shard closed tomorrow, you'd demand compensation for all the hours you've spent here as well? Same insane argument. With this mindset, nothing would ever change on the shard.

"I lost 3 fingers working at the sawmill, so now I don't want anyone else wearing safetygloves because I didn't have any back then"

Btw, a minor amount of what alchies loose in poison profits, they might get back in poison shields further down the road.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Ares wrote:
Darion al'Ferran wrote:Right, pay 10+ mills that I spent back to me, then I dont care whatever changes you will make to system.
Dude.. What? First of all, that's an extremely selfish statement. Secondly, what? So if the shard closed tomorrow, you'd demand compensation for all the hours you've spent here as well? Same insane argument. With this mindset, nothing would ever change on the shard.

"I lost 3 fingers working at the sawmill, so now I don't want anyone else wearing safetygloves because I didn't have any back then"
Is it hard to script with 7 fingers? :o
Ares

Post by Ares »

Simmo wrote:Is it hard to script with 7 fingers? :o
Hence all the bugs
Darion al'Ferran

Post by Darion al'Ferran »

Ares wrote:

Im telling here that I have achieved something unique, by macroing a lot, spending millions and billions of gold for it, hired GM healing priests to help me, all the poor alchemist souls that I spammed to get my potions to keep training. It has been already made easier to train GM poisoning, accepted. But making it even more easier to train, after what I went through. Yet, calling me selfish?

If you would be in my shoes, you would do the same.