Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which classes (still) require boosting?

Archer
11%
Assassin
27%
Barbarian
12%
Knight
13%
Priest
6%
Ranger
10%
Warrior
20%

Total votes: 99

Glarundis

Re: Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

Post by Glarundis »

with 10% wear off rate a single potion lasts around 100 hits? :O i want

yeah let's wait for darion's data
i'm still waiting for his data on the damn studdeds assassin vs current assassin thing
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

AR boost for knight :)
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

i had an idea that would boost warrior and assassins a bit, problem is it would effect all poison users, so that's thief, archer, ranger, and treasure hunter as well. But with respect to each other its effects are not so huge but gives them a slight advantage over the non-poisoning classes

my proposition is allow poison resistance to the poisoning skill. It would work like this

resistance to poison for Player A = Player A poisoning / (Player A poisoning + Player B poisoning)

so the resulting value would indicate the amount of damage removed per tick when that player is poisoned.

here are some resulting values for theoretical PVP if they poisoned eachother

Poisoing Skills - Amount of damage resisted per tick
40% vs 40% = 50% resisted for each
40% vs 65% = 38% resisted for 40% and 62% damage resisted for 65%
40% vs 85% = 32% resisted || 68% resisted
40 % vs 100% = 29% resisted || 71% resisted
65% vs 65% = 50% each
65% vs 85% = 43% resisted || 57% resisted
65% vs 100% = 39% resisted || 61% resisted
85% vs 85% = 50% resisted for each
.. and so on

all the users who have 0% poisoning would receive the usual 100% of the damage per tick and they still cant poison so it doesnt change anything at all in PVP between non-poison class and poison class but it gives poison users a bit of an advantage in hunting if they can resist an amount of damage inflicted by poison from mobs and really helps out the warrior in the case of poison since he cant cure easily. There might have to be some fixed values for mobs as im not sure how their poisoning "skill" is handled exactly, maybe assign a theoretical skill level based on how badly they poisoned you, or just resist the % of the players skill with a 85% cap

hope i explained it well enough
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There's no need to complicate the system.

It's very straight-forward in its current form. There are two classes that currently spot out from the rest: Assassins and Warriors. Both of them can be boosted with the following fixes.
  • Assassin
    - Finalization of Poisoning skill
    • - Last fine-tuning to wear-off rates (max. 10% at 100 - scales down from 90%)
      - Removal of INT gains from poison hits
    - Removal of faster HP regen
    - 270 statscap debatable

Warrior
    - HP regeneration boost from 10 to 15 per tick

(Barbarian)
    - If HP regen boost of Warriors increase the gap between Warrior-Barbarian too much;
    - Upgrade to Barbarian class to full chains
Knight, Ranger and Priest are classes that can be toggled around with piety. Archers are balanced as it is. Thief and TH are classes for other purposes.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

I would say knights are fine as they are at the moment comparing to other classes.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Poisoning could use the boost to 10% wear off rate at 100 imo. Don't know how paralyzes work nowadays but some test Darion did some time ago looks like the apply rate for paralyze is quite a let down aswell. Though don't know how much that can be boosted without making it OP.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Demian wrote:Don't know how paralyzes work nowadays but some test Darion did some time ago looks like the apply rate for paralyze is quite a let down aswell. Though don't know how much that can be boosted without making it OP.
I talked about paralyze with Darion earlier and he felt it didn't need a change. As long as Archers are restricted from paralyze potions (they can use them, but not apply), it fixes the problem of 110 and 85+10 being almost the same. Here's a small brief how it works:
  • If I use a para potion with 100 poisoning I have 80% chance of paralyzing on hit, with a 50% chance if it rubbing off. If it rubs off, the strength decreases by 20 every time. So with 100 it starts at 80 -> rubs off -> 60 -> rubs off down to 20, then wears off. I paralyze initially for (80/10)+2 = 10 secs, then 8, 6, 4.
If we enable paralyze potions for Archers again, then we can boost the potion for Assassins. That's the only scenario for now.

Otherwise I'm okay with 10% /w poison.

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

no way in hell to give paralyze potions to archers yo!

so from your updates i guess dodging system is out of the question?
about warriors, not sure if 15hp will be too much, considering that 10 is still a bit of a mystery due to not many warriors around?
also, i understand boosting barbarians if the gap to warriors is a lot, but if barbarians get a boost it will indirectly nerf priests/knights/rangers will it not?...barbarians with 60p weapons already do a lot of dmg :S let them get hit a lot too. and with chains, it's not gonna happen
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:no way in hell to give paralyze potions to archers yo!

so from your updates i guess dodging system is out of the question?
about warriors, not sure if 15hp will be too much, considering that 10 is still a bit of a mystery due to not many warriors around?
also, i understand boosting barbarians if the gap to warriors is a lot, but if barbarians get a boost it will indirectly nerf priests/knights/rangers will it not?...barbarians with 60p weapons already do a lot of dmg :S let them get hit a lot too. and with chains, it's not gonna happen
Warrior with 60p bless does even more damage than barbarian... that +25 str is not as effective as poisoning on halberd... if we are talking about sms weapons which deal the highest hits anyways.

And as its been talked regen + 65 healing is already comparable to 85 healing and i doubt that +25 str can even beat the plate advantage...
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Poison adds only 6-12 dmg on top of normal weapon damage. +25 STR tops that anytime. Anyone who plays around with 40 poisoning, also knows how bad the apply rate is.

Otherwise 15/tick is a lot. It's 30HP in 10 seconds. 65% healing + regen will be clearly better than 85% healing. Curing will still be a struggle, but as recently talked on these boards, there are multiple ways to avoid poison. The real question is, are these really needed? Most likely not. There just isn't enough data on Warriors and their capability.

- Boris