Macrocheck

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Diamond

Re: Macrocheck

Post by Diamond »

This means, anytime...
Shouldn't be tweaked a little so as to know the difference between macroying and using a skill/stat?
I mean... I may have to run to the toilet so as not to shit my pants!
I will have to find a safe place to logout or wait for 5 minutes before I logout? :lol:
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If it takes 5 minutes to log out and a macro check runs for 5 minutes, you can play that out.

Use hiding skill / drink invisibility potion
Wait for 10 seconds
Then go AFK

It's possible a macro check will occur when you're AFK, but you will be disconnected before the "answer time" runs out.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Can we get a clear answer to the following question:
How much time must have passed since using a skill BEFORE macrocheck appears in order not to fail the check?
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

As Boris and Arden wrote you can get macrocheck anytime 5 minutes after using a skill or stat. If you fail a macrocheck that's pretty much in all cases a skilldrop. So your question is wrong Jyrgen because if you get a macrocheck you need to answer it right otherwise you fail it (unless you get disconnected).
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

So wait, what - you can actually get macrocheck up to FIVE minutes since last using skill? What about the thing Boris mentioned that you can get macrochecks while being offline? From what I recall, logging off outside inn area takes longer than 5 minutes, so you'd be doomed to fail? Do you automatically NOT fail macrocheck if you log off, or when you disappear from the game-world?

EDIT: Also, unless I did something horribly wrong, the "logoff due to inactivity" takes way longer than 5 minutes. With the "You'll be logged off in one minute" lasting over 5 minutes also :D
Last edited by Jyrgen on Sun May 05, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Maybe the time should be shortened?
I got macrochecked 21 seconds after I used TasteID and my skill went from 85 to 0.
Not a macro, since when you macro it you put the wait time to 9 seconds.
I am not whinning for getting any skill back. Shit happens and it's just a game.
But we shouldn't be afraid of logging of or loosing connection in unsafe places!
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If you lose connection during a macrocheck, the macrocheck gump is still there when you log back in.

It's only cancelled when you go offline (completely).

- Boris
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

Indeed...
As I said, when I logged in I saw the macrocheck gump, seconds later (2? 3? I didn't make it to answer) the message that I failed and the disconnection message...

Damned instant coffee! I should make a coffee that takes more than 5 minutes to be prepared! :lol:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's simply 5 minutes from the check. If it was 10 minutes, next we'd have some other poor guy complaining after being afk for 9 minutes and 58 seconds.

The check simply is what it has always been. It haven't been touched since Repsak.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris, your 5 minute logging off trick doesn't seem to work for me. Unless watching at UO screen counts as "activity", it takes approx 17-18 minutes to get d/c due to inactivity.
And I'd say the current macrocheck system needs a fix in that case, as it's plausible someone NOT afk-macroing fails the check. Or at least write a warning about that possibility in the macrocheck rules. For the last 8+ years, I've been under the impression that if I don't use skill during macrocheck (and right before I get it), I won't get dropped. Apparently, it's not the case. And I bet I'm not the only one who has understood the system in such wrong way.