Macrocheck

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: Macrocheck

Post by Boris »

If it's 20 minutes, it's 20 minutes.

Let the lesson be, do not log out outside of inn/house. If you go afk, hook up your macro alarm.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:If it's 20 minutes, it's 20 minutes.

Let the lesson be, do not log out outside of inn/house. If you go afk, hook up your macro alarm.

- Boris
Then write it down on the webpage. I've always stopped my macro when I went afk for possibly more than 5 min and thought I'd be safe. Now it turns out that is not safe afterall.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You're not suppose to go afk for more than 5 minutes. That's common sense.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Jyrgen wrote:

- Boris
Then write it down on the webpage. I've always stopped my macro when I went afk for possibly more than 5 min and thought I'd be safe. Now it turns out that is not safe afterall.
First thing I was taught by TfO who instructed me on Pangaea was to always safely log out when you leave the comp for more than 5 mins.
I'd say it's pretty common knowledge.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I must say its not possible always to safely log out example training in despise for tactics and need to quick log out for more than 5minutes you go away from monsters and hide then log out and leave. Imo its rather stupid that you cant stop playing "instantly" in fear of macro check as an example. Imo as soon as connection from player end is disconnected macrochecks shouldnt happen.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:

- Boris
First thing I was taught by TfO who instructed me on Pangaea was to always safely log out when you leave the comp for more than 5 mins.
My impression was logged out = safe from macro alarms. Basically if the game client doesn't run there's no possible macro check going on. So I was surprised.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:

- Boris
Common knowledge is that you can get killed, robbed, raped, etc, if you don't log off at the right place. Imho, it's not common knowledge that you can get macrochecked while logging off at the wrong place.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

I don't personally remember a single case where it would have happened to any player during the 5-6 years as a staff handling the macrochecks every day.
Diamond

Post by Diamond »

YAY!
I was the lucky one who logged in (and out) at the wrong place in the wrong time. :P
Go on. It's OK.
The only tweak that I would propose is to see if the player used the same skill more than 10 - 20 times in a row (definitelly macroying) and to show it as soon as the player uses the skill again.
Not 5 minutes later, when the player may be hunting, running to save his char's life, PVPing, logging out.
A man once told Buddha, "I want happiness."
Buddha replied, "First, remove I" That's Ego.
Then remove "want". That's desire.
And now all you're left with is Happiness.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:I don't personally remember a single case where it would have happened to any player during the 5-6 years as a staff handling the macrochecks every day.
It's gotta be a case of extremely bad timing if it does happen. You log off, and the macro check has to start within a minute (i figure) and run its course while you wait for the disconnect, where they character dissapears from the game. If it starts like 3 minutes after logoff the disconnect should cancel it before it runs its course. All in theory of course.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota