A public message from a concerned individual

This if for Roleplay posts. Notes - meant only for single persons should be posted in the Roleplay stories / Personal letters section. Only In character posts are allowed, and no smilies.

Moderator: RP Moderators

Meghana Arroway

Re: A public message from a concerned individual

Post by Meghana Arroway »

Dear ms. White,

I am starting to find you rather irresponsible. Of course you can - as an honest merchant - do your best to make sure your deadly creations do not fall to the wrong hands. You can think of something.

-Meghana Arroway
Meghana Arroway - Aspiring Bard and Songwriter
Lyon Cera - A Buccaneer's Den former Thug, with emphasis on "former"
Alastor Wormsent - A priest without a job, does that make him a hobo?
Charha

Post by Charha »

Hold on a moment, good people!

In order to outlaw poison we would first have to come into terms on what counts as poison. The very basic rule of alchemy and medicine is that ANY SUBSTANCE can be regarded as a poison. Even water. The defining factor here is dosage; if you drink enough water to make your gut rupture, in alchemical terms it would be said that, in addition to being a stupid person, you have effectively given yourself a lethal dosage and thus poisoned yourself. If we outlaw the use of nightshade, we would have to outlaw mandrake as well. As well as any other brew. Wine, for example.

I will quote from my handbook written by the famous alchemist Paracelsus of Magincia: "All substances are poisons: there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy".

And let's not forget that some people drink poisonous liquids in order to become more resistant to the said substance. Oh, and that bit about killing monsters sounded pretty good to me, and I'm sure most people who don't want monsters prowling about the countryside would agree.

-Ripkin, Wayfarer Grandmaster Distiller-
Masano

Post by Masano »

Dear Citizen,

It is not a crime to manufacture, sell, buy or use poison for legitimate reasons i.e hunting or training. Poison, when used correctly, can be a very powerful tool for good and so will never be outlawed.

The blatant selling of poisons to thieves and mercenaries is something which we firmly discourage and common sense should be used by Alchemists within the profession.

We do not accept that once the potion is made the alchemist becomes devoid of all responsibility. Alchemists should do their utmost to ensure that their customers are fit and proper people to be supplied with potentially dangerous materials. The Order of Law can help with background checks upon request.

If you would like to take this matter further we would advise you to contact the leaders of the britannian Alchemist Union to arrange a meeting with them. When the meeting time and date is set inform us and we will send a representative to support you.

Order of Law