Xerxes

Re: Achievements

Post by Xerxes »

This is rather funky, you could add stuff like "killing 1000 corpsers"
Bird location: 312331437
Ares

Post by Ares »

Xerxes wrote:This is rather funky, you could add stuff like "killing 1000 corpsers"
Yeah, exactly. It's just a little fun while macroing or whatever.

And Darian, you're right about the title. I'll rename it to Fame and Fametitles or something.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

I would think of this as fame, as people have mentioned. I suggested to Ares that this could be linked up to the paperdoll so anyone could see.

If one dude is out downing balrons, I would assume he's getting pretty well known/respected. Linking it up to certain quests, etc. could also provide other opportunities for roleplay - "I heard you were at so-and-so battle".

But ya, I agree, no to putting it on the website (the point is to foster RP, not grind) and no to having it automatically unlock in-game benefits (although it could provide us GMs with a tool for various quests, etc.)
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I do get extra fame for being one of the first 5people for getting all the giant titles? :D

I gotta admit Ares... They were some funny titles! Making the game a little more fun at a time. +1 To you!
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Shout out for Ares.

Idea;

I think we could have some sort of a title of achievements for PvM indeed.

It would be a lot easier to categorize stuff into the sections of;
Daemons - Zaradon
Undeads - Zaradon
Giants - Zaradon
Freaks - Zaradon
Lizards - Eddy
Orcs - Eddy
Nokind (praetorians, misc mobs) - Zaradon
Small homeles cats - Boris

And have a list of all the players being "topmost" PvM'ers for a selected section?
dwight

Post by dwight »

Ok.. but you have to activate such thing with a command or so, because for me, i don't want my enemies to see what kind of stuff i hunt the most. i know its a small world and everyone is easy to find, but it's some information i don't want to share.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Ved Dwight wrote:Ok.. but you have to activate such thing with a command or so, because for me, i don't want my enemies to see what kind of stuff i hunt the most. i know its a small world and everyone is easy to find, but it's some information i don't want to share.
Not up to you what the townspeople are talking about!

Regardless though, I don't think there should be a running total or anything along those lines (as I think your concern is valid).
Ares

Post by Ares »

Iktomi wrote:
Ved Dwight wrote:Ok.. but you have to activate such thing with a command or so, because for me, i don't want my enemies to see what kind of stuff i hunt the most. i know its a small world and everyone is easy to find, but it's some information i don't want to share.
Not up to you what the townspeople are talking about!

Regardless though, I don't think there should be a running total or anything along those lines (as I think your concern is valid).
There won't be.
Adram

Post by Adram »

This is a cool idea for sure.
I imagine doing this 2 ways:

Having a tier system that is continuous, such as killing mobs, collecting items, killing players, etc.
something like this.

OR a distinct task system that is finite. An idea i have is putting switches at different points in the dungeon as a way to determine how "deep" a player has gone but it would work equally well for any other specific task.

Also, the staff always seems to be trying to come up with ideas to enable training without macroing, so why not use this as a way?

You could do something like dropping a noobified skill book in your bag when you complete the task that can be used only by the character that earned it.
The book would raise ALL skills within its skill-range by .1 when you get it.
easy achievements raise skills <65
hard achievements raise skills 65-85
difficult achievements raise skills 85-100
extremely difficult achievements raise skills 100-105

I personally have no issue with this being recorded online, but some IG aspect would be great too
Percy

Post by Percy »

No to the skill books idea but a yes to the rest of it if it's possible.

Only reason for a no for the skill books is this shouldn't be an achievement system which drives the player base because of rewards.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825