Achievements

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: Achievements

Post by Boris »

Yup, I think people are making/taking this too serious, when it's suppose to be meaningless "just 4 funz".

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Love this idea! A list or something on forum or even a bounty board in game showing the leaders of each section, or the big kill boss downed of the day, or hunter of the week/year ect, become a legend! or something like that and make an rp aspect for it for fame and just keep it fun

edit, also! a part showing like the 1st, 2nd, 3rd leaders in each parts, and how many kills of each
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I think the main thing is not to have any information on the webshard, website, forum or paperdoll. It's understandable that everyone doesn't want to share this information. If you're the dragon master with 100 dragons killed, it's not too hard to figure out where you usually hunt. So basically the only way for others to know that you're a PvM machine is by using a dot-command, taking a SS and sharing it with others. That's fully on your own responsibility.

If I'd make this, I'd make it purely for PvM and hard mobs. A simple gump/list of your achievements with a counter. Macroing achievements or crafting achievements sounds a bit blend. PvP stuff just reminds me of QuakeIII. "First blood!", "Rampage!", Multikill!".

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Well I was thinking that there could be achievements for all aspects of the game, being it crafting, hunting or PvP. Being it magic, religion and piety, owning houses, crafting boxes, fishing, eating or washing bandages.

On the webpage I'd only add a list of characters and their total amount of achievements. This way you can't tell which achievements the character have, but you can see his total "points". It's not something most of us care about, I know I don't, but I also know few Zaradons here who might want to catch them all. And I guess any extra motivation to log in and grind extra hours thus bringing more activity is a good thing for the shard?
Zendrick

Post by Zendrick »

Just Gm'd a skill. are the achievements still in?
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I am tired of achievements.... Can you make it once you have an achievement the stupid noise words and noise don't play anymore, its quite annoying doing Khaldun.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Wolfie wrote:I am tired of achievements.... Can you make it once you have an achievement the stupid noise words and noise don't play anymore, its quite annoying doing Khaldun.
They should only appear the first time you get it. If they appear every time, its obviously a bug.

Edit: I just tested it. They only appear once. What's the problem?
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Asked another group member I went with. He said he got them multiple times as well. Maybe if its killed by one more than one person it gives the achievement again? :D
Ares

Post by Ares »

Wolfie wrote:Asked another group member I went with. He said he got them multiple times as well. Maybe if its killed by one more than one person it gives the achievement again? :D
Nope. I'll test some more and see if I can figure out if something's wrong.
Kira

Post by Kira »

what about a server total kills of ratmen, lizardmen, orcs, gazers, gargoyles and so on?

would be funny to know wich mob was the most killed and the least killed ofcourse the hardest mobs get the fewest kills i think but on the other side it would be fun to see.
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-