PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

Post by Ares »

Kat, I think most of us are willing to discuss your points, but the fact is that you do come off as holier-than-thou and aggressive, which makes it hard.
I was told "WE don't do that position here"
We've actually discussed this several times recently. There's an unused command level called seer, which is between a councellor and a GM. Could be interesting to take that into use for that exact purpose.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Isn't RP school still open? Use that.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Ares wrote:Kat, I think most of us are willing to discuss your points, but the fact is that you do come off as holier-than-thou and aggressive, which makes it hard.
I was told "WE don't do that position here"
We've actually discussed this several times recently. There's an unused command level called seer, which is between a councellor and a GM. Could be interesting to take that into use for that exact purpose.
That's the specific command level I was told that was not going to ever be used on Pang... I know all about Seers which is why I specifically asked every Admin from Repsak on if/when it would be used, I was told that it wouldn't be used because it doesn't really do enough for the server to just have a Seer and not a full fledged GM
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Isn't RP school still open? Use that.
Last I checked it was defunct and not really being ran, it exists sure but not as an actual "thing" just an idea.
I offered at one point to purchase a building in town to run as an in-game school, but was told by both players and staff that it "wasn't wanted" and therefore the building couldn't be used for that purpose
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Kat Asherstone wrote: No Mike, I am not up for bringing players in for you guys to run out, it's like I told Ares in a PM... I have SS's of things that were turned into staff SHOWING players being run off by certain people and the GM response was "Oh it was RP'd sorry they skirt the rules" to which I responded by pointing to the Asshole rule... the GM refused to punish under that rule, which is his right to do... but just shows that it's not worth it..
You said previously that some of your friends/newbies were attacked, killed and lost their stuff. I've hard time believing even the current douche bags of Tekstone killed your newbie friends on purpose yet alone to grief them.

If someone is killing newbies, making them feel bad and quit while being part of a guild/religion, and if they are RPing it in a way the Staff is powerless, you should take the matter up to the guild/religion leader.

Newbies have nothing anyone could want and killing them gives no pleasure to anyone. If area plague kills them, then they are just collateral damage and they, as well as you, should accept that. If a member of Tekstone meets them and "forces them to bow", they should just RP accordingly or take the punishment. When I used to go around, forcing people to bow down to Dennac, I killed all who refused - yet I never looted them. It was nothing personal, I had no intention to anger anyone and they were free to go get their stuff back once resurrected. If anything, you can teach them how to survive from plague and whom to contact when plagued. And also, tell them that plague or Tekstone attack is nothing personal. Teach them where to get resurrected and how to get back to their gear.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
No Mike, I am not up for bringing players in for you guys to run out, it's like I told Ares in a PM... I have SS's of things that were turned into staff SHOWING players being run off by certain people and the GM response was "Oh it was RP'd sorry they skirt the rules" to which I responded by pointing to the Asshole rule... the GM refused to punish under that rule, which is his right to do... but just shows that it's not worth it..
The fact that you want X in exchange for Y just shows that if anything, you're not up for it taking the first step, and that's fine I don't expect 90% of the shard to take the first step unless they get something out of it.
I'm not surprised that you'd not even try to deliver on your obvious bullshit. I've got 15-20 players aching to play if Law aura is nerfed. Nerf it, pretty please!
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Mike wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote:
No Mike, I am not up for bringing players in for you guys to run out, it's like I told Ares in a PM... I have SS's of things that were turned into staff SHOWING players being run off by certain people and the GM response was "Oh it was RP'd sorry they skirt the rules" to which I responded by pointing to the Asshole rule... the GM refused to punish under that rule, which is his right to do... but just shows that it's not worth it..
The fact that you want X in exchange for Y just shows that if anything, you're not up for it taking the first step, and that's fine I don't expect 90% of the shard to take the first step unless they get something out of it.
I'm not surprised that you'd not even try to deliver on your obvious bullshit. I've got 15-20 players aching to play if Law aura is nerfed. Nerf it, pretty please!
The only obvious bullshit is the idea that You'd try and pull a quid pro quo when we all know you'd never back it up... again, I HAVE SCREENSHOTS proving that this has already been done on the server.. I don't need any other reason than that and the servers hostitility to say "not happening till YOU go first"

You want more noobs, prove to ME that you're not going to run them off the server and I can easily get them to give it a day or two to show them they won't be insta-merked and plauge camped like the last 3 guys I brought.

Or you can keep going for the quid-pro-quo, but that really isn't getting anyone anywhere... which I would wager is you're hoping for... I'd hope I was wrong but I'd be holding my breathe a long time.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote: No Mike, I am not up for bringing players in for you guys to run out, it's like I told Ares in a PM... I have SS's of things that were turned into staff SHOWING players being run off by certain people and the GM response was "Oh it was RP'd sorry they skirt the rules" to which I responded by pointing to the Asshole rule... the GM refused to punish under that rule, which is his right to do... but just shows that it's not worth it..
You said previously that some of your friends/newbies were attacked, killed and lost their stuff. I've hard time believing even the current douche bags of Tekstone killed your newbie friends on purpose yet alone to grief them.

If someone is killing newbies, making them feel bad and quit while being part of a guild/religion, and if they are RPing it in a way the Staff is powerless, you should take the matter up to the guild/religion leader.

Newbies have nothing anyone could want and killing them gives no pleasure to anyone. If area plague kills them, then they are just collateral damage and they, as well as you, should accept that. If a member of Tekstone meets them and "forces them to bow", they should just RP accordingly or take the punishment. When I used to go around, forcing people to bow down to Dennac, I killed all who refused - yet I never looted them. It was nothing personal, I had no intention to anger anyone and they were free to go get their stuff back once resurrected. If anything, you can teach them how to survive from plague and whom to contact when plagued. And also, tell them that plague or Tekstone attack is nothing personal. Teach them where to get resurrected and how to get back to their gear.
The specific instance involved 2 new players being told they needed to confess for their crimes, they were attacked and killed... guards plauged near them and the person then proceeded to lure the now plauged guards to the corpses to ensure that 1) they never got their items back and 2) plauge was spread into brit by the 2 new players while they tried to retrieve their items... staff stated "because of the Roleplay and the fact that you cannot prove they TOOK the items itt is legal" I responded with "The asshole rule says that you can punish them for skirting the rules to destroy another players items" and the response back was "We will not punish them under that rule, but we will take a look at the asshole rule to determine if it needs to be worked on"

The big difference being Darian, you allowed them to return to get their items... these guys did not, they MADE SURE that the items were decayed before leaving... and staff saying "nope not going to punish them" was just unbelievable.

I would love to say it was collateral damage, but it was literally 2 baseclass players being run off the server within their first 2 hours... both old school UO players... both who took SS's because in their opinion , something wasn't right... according to staff though... perfectly fine.

So I just want to know, since everyone seems to want new players and wants to challenge me to bring some in... how do I know that won't happen again?
I don't, and any attempt to figure out a way to get a guarantee is met with trolololol responses as though that's going to somehow get "us" anywhere, it won't so why bother trying to troll other than just to be a troll?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Kat Asherstone wrote:how do I know that won't happen again?
Contact an opposing religion in situation like that, there should be someone around at all times, you can even use .plaguealert to get some natures come clear the plague. If nothing else works, take pictures and send them to current staff. If its not illegal you cant just help it. Case closed live with it or leave.

You gotta be quite an arse to get stuck with the matters of past, its a game ffs you are supposed to play and enjoy. Mishaps happen sometimes get over it.

EDIT: PS: Dont come ruining our fun just because you feel like you've been pushed aside or your opinions aint from this world. You've been inactive long time as far as i know so get know what has changed and how pang works nowdays instead of storming the forums with your posts about past matters and your opinions that are not valid nowdays.

EDIT2: There are counselor pages for help request for complete noobies and everyone should know not to tease the baseclass chars too much.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

I can even list the guys I could bring by Saturday and have playing

My college roommates George, Jamie and Cody who all still live together who play D&D every Saturday/Friday night depending on what days Tom has off from work and if he can make the hour drive, Tom's questionable because he's very much a "the graphix suck I don't wanna play" type guy, but the other 3 are HC RPers

I have a group that I run with on LoL that has been looking for a game that encourages RP for years

I already got my GF's twin sisters BF playing, Randalf Device

Years ago I brought Gilius to the server along with a few other guys that we could probably get to come back and "dick around" with RP for funsies

I have friends that run a D&D club at the college I went to, and then theirs all the guys/girls from the Philosophy department that I still keep in contact with... many of whom love the idea of a game in which Roleplay, specifically the roleplay of Religions and Political factions are enthralling because they can "study" them in real time, total nerds but still, it'd be more players.

Oh and then theres the comic book store I played MTG at for like 5 years during college.. I'm sure just posting a flyer there would get a couple guys in... a few of which would probably come for the PvP rather than the RP cause lets face it some of those guys are just itching to have a world to burn down and play in the ashes... Hell I could probably hunt down the old DM from my community college years and get him to check with his new D&D crew, then theirs the Dagorhir guys that LIVE to RP in real life, yes LARPers... and then theirs a couple guys that played on Atlantic in OSI that have always wanted to find a UO server that let them PvP like the old days.

I'm not bullshitting when I say I can bring in at least 10 minimum new players... and I could have most of them by months end

Oh and I could probably get my Marine buddy to come but then he'd probably bring a bunch of gung-ho Marines with him and I dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing cause I'm sure they'd LOOOVE to run around with one of the religions and just $&@ shit up just to $%@# shit up... not sure why they were an afterthought :?

Oh F, I almost forgot all the guys I met while hitchhiking the country that love a good game of D&D.. they'd probably be more sporadic players cause the whole "no constant internets on the road" thing, but it'd be worth a try

not sure how I couldn't hit 10+ between all the groups of people I know at this point in life and how many of them respect me when it comes to "this game is worth your time to try out"
Might even be able to bring back Laws old old HP from JE days, Keisarvexious, the Assassin Cutty LeForge and their wives