Please read this

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ovinnik

Re: Please read this

Post by Ovinnik »

I don't know what all got changed, I would for sure like to know that. If it'd return to be as it was before, while raising all magicusers' eval int to 65 (dropping something else to 40%) I think it would be perfect for a start. Not sure if there are any pre-change backups of the shard :/ that would help for comparisons. Or any notes from Reppy what did he change?

_______
Ovinnik
Troy

Post by Troy »

I dont see the casters having 40 eval int to be too bad as they can use summons and then necros have their nice spells and then druids have their spells (which I know most say druids are not that great). Eval doesnt really make the thing as you all say mages arnt that great and they have 100. Maybe come up with some ideas in regards to fighting casters and fighting non casters. Like kent brought up with the amount of fails at 100 compared to 110.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

don't know what all got changed, I would for sure like to know that. If it'd return to be as it was before, while raising all magicusers' eval int to 65 (dropping something else to 40%) I think it would be perfect for a start. Not sure if there are any pre-change backups of the shard :/ that would help for comparisons. Or any notes from Reppy what did he change?
We got backups all the way back to 2002 i think, and the old backup files are beeing used to see what changed.

Alteran
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

ppl should think a bit about this if you boost spells i want you to nerf summons...

when i got my mage gm same hunting trip with mage took 20mins which would have taken 1hour with ivan... its much easier to kill smaller monsters with summons than with a fighter...

fighter is only good against bigger monsters like dragons... (probably only monster) then i used to hunt titans and demons with ivan because they are a bit too bad to be hunted with summons and my mage had only 50 resisting...

anyway mage is realy good char in pvm (no chance in pvp if you dont know exactly your opponent and know what you are doing (pwnd even quintozes archer that time with my mage :D))
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Ivan wrote:...
I lol'ed.
Ovinnik

Post by Ovinnik »

It is not that much about boosting magicuser as per nerfing pro-spellcasting monsters. As I said, I'm not sure about what all got changed. I added eval int since I remember that other magicusers except mages had really little use of the basic spellbook since it performed awfully at 40 eval.

With the exception of granite elementals which are really good (but still dispellable), tamed dragons are much better "summons". Summons are really most useful just for giants, Lord of Abyss, or other high-end casters.

________
Ovinnik
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Rohan Koht wrote:
Ivan wrote:...
I lol'ed.
Me too. Couldn't help my self on that one.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I remember the first nerf on them was back when hardly anyone had resistance and even those with some could get paraed, cursed flamed and 1 hit from a staff would kill anyone.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Yeah, Athan's "Paralyse, curse, flame strike followed instantly by wand of hellfire" always ended with the target getting killed. Or not to mention the spell Kill that insta'd 85% of the time.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well now the spell kill only works 1 out of 5 times, which is retarded for the reagent consumption imo.