robbers and looting

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Robberes shut be alowed to loot

Poll ended at Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Nothing (Just do it for RP)?
4%
Gold & gems?
30%
Other things to (Hides, bones, regs and so on.)?
11%
what they ask of the victim?
4%
Everyting but magic cloth
19%
Dry?
33%

Total votes: 27

Houston

Re: robbers and looting

Post by Houston »

Would boost muling.

If the robbery system is kinda balanced with the player base, then id say its alright to dryloot.

But if there's 20 plyers on the shard but the other 15 is robbers?

Or, if you wanna dryloot one, take the fight 1-1. It's not much fair, robberies however are unfair, but we have to keep them acceptable for both sides, the victim and the robber.

Let's wait for the staff to decide something, i smell something evil from them O_o
ervinkles@msn.com
Zabren - Warrior
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Right now its only gold and gems, which made sense at the time, but people are starting to regain wealth, and lets face it, armor makers such as tailors and smiths are losing business cause no one is losing equipment.
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

Lol, come on. At least say "We are friggin bored and want to rob and PK"

All that hypocrisy...

What annoys me with robbing isn´t losing stuff, but the lack of joy for the victim. It CAN be fun, you know? But not if you say Halt, attack while the victim is still involved in fighting monsters and you kill after 2 seconds, dryloot and run. That´s the real bad thing about it.

I am for introducing a robbery charter, a stupid as it may sound. You need to be granted the right to rob like a pirate (by uh, Malas authorities, being some valuable roleplay judge gamemaster). If you fuck it up, you will lose it and cannot get it back for 3 months on the whole account. On the other hand, you can rob whatever you want again.
stating the obnoxious
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

The people that broke those rules the most though Essy aren't robbing anymore, Winter Vex in particular. If we rob you it would be roleplayed nicely.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Essy, let's face it, IRL when you rob somebody you shout "GIVE ME THAT FUCKING WALLET BITCH" then pistol wip him/her and take it and run, you don't do like "Halt, can I please have your wallet".

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Esmeralda

Post by Esmeralda »

I didn´t intend to refer to anyone in particular! I played with fun robbers, brute robbers, good and bad. And i have seen some who remember rules only when they get owned themselfes ;)

Anyways, Quintoz, yes, you are right - partly ;) It is the same old conflict with the same arguments, and in the end it`s no right and wrong, but a decision of the shard owner and/or playerbase.

BUT it cannot hurt to discuss once in a while, no?
Imho this is a game, a roleplay game. I want to belief that it is not only sticking to your role, but also interacting with people. Now smashing one face in, stealing the pocket money and run of may be interaction at school. But in a game? I recommend every robber to try out in a fun and roleplaying robber group instead of seeing it as a quick way to get itamz and make people angry. Isn´t it more entertaining if you rob someone and they say "Wow, i lost my stuff, but i was robbed by Qunitpz and i had fun while he ripped me off"?
stating the obnoxious
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Small offtopic, that from I've been seeing around, some people are forgetting. You can thank me later:

Law and Imperial can't have robber alts. ;)
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Your wrong Rohan, when the shard came back up Alteran gave a decision to all Head Priests that they can change some of the rules. And Geryn informed me that he had changed the rule that Law couldn't have red alts. It doesn't even make any sense why they couldn't anymore really, whos getting looted?
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Well at least when I joined Law, salvations were offered to red alts because I couldn't have them. You were there, you remember :P
volc

Post by volc »

I don't think that rule was Geryn's to change. The reason behind the rule is quite obvious too.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."