Logics: OoN, daemons, animals and OoL

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: Logics: OoN, daemons, animals and OoL

Post by Quintoz »

Houston if they are so peaceful, why do they feel the need to fight robbers and Imperials, neither of which has anything to do with their belifes, then I guess we're back to
"You think your hot nigga?
Yeah right hot in the ass". (if offended, contact me in a PM).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

1) Nature values any life, Law values human life. So polymorphing someone by whatever reason, might be understandable to Nature but not to Law.

2) Law can't kill animals? Why? A butcher is a bad citizen in the human society? A fisherman? No. Perhaps Nature will have a problem with that if everything from that animal is not properly taken use of (according to their old standards), but to Law it couldn't matter a single bit. I guess a bit of discussion and deals IG could solve that and create limits of what is acceptable or not by both sides but you just prefer to do everything in the OOC boards.

3) Law is not above the common man, but if you polymorph a Law man, Law will take action. It's still considered a personal attack. If you polymorph someone else, that will be judged by Law's rules only if the victim reports it to Law. Nature might not acknowledge that, but it's the way it is and should be solved IG, as I stated in the previous point.

4) Nature fighting robbers started when Nature was being robbed by Tek alts. It followed to Nature being too close to Law until a point where they were almost one religion alone. That is gone and unless Nature has a personal grudge against robbers, it's not their job.

5) Imperial and Nature can't co-exist. Imperial is against every other God, including Gaea. If you're in Imperial you're supposed to know that, and not create democracy alike hierarchies that has nothing to do with Imperial's fundamentalist way of being, or at least the way it was created and followed in the last 5 years and still whine that Nature doesn't like you.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Number two doesn't make sense, I said merciless killing, nature allows animal killing if you take the hides and/or bones. Therefore if a Law man is mercilessly killing animals they will be polymorphed. Hell we can't just use it when we want, there has to be animal corpses near by.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rohan Koht wrote: 5) Imperial and Nature can't co-exist. Imperial is against every other God, including Gaea. If you're in Imperial you're supposed to know that, and not create democracy alike hierarchies that has nothing to do with Imperial's fundamentalist way of being, or at least the way it was created and followed in the last 5 years and still whine that Nature doesn't like you.

It's not the old days any longer. Feel free to offer your opinions if they are constructive or ask questions if there's something you're curious about, but if you're just hating you might as well shut the fuck up.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Like Mike said, now that HP (senate in imp's case) has the power to change the corse off the religion, something may change, where some wont.

Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Just experience, no hate. The titles are plain ridiculous, and the "course" you're trying to give the religion is exactly the same tried few years ago that made all Imperial become inactive. Then again it's only you 2, so you probably won't have that problem. :P

And I'll repeat myself: Unless your new history shows a kind non-judging Esuna, you're still opposed to every other religion.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rohan Koht wrote:Just experience, no hate. The titles are plain ridiculous, and the "course" you're trying to give the religion is exactly the same tried few years ago that made all Imperial become inactive. Then again it's only you 2, so you probably won't have that problem. :P
If something is plain ridiculous it's your attempt to downplay things with your little quotation marks and veiled insults.
Rohan Koht wrote:And I'll repeat myself: Unless your new history shows a kind non-judging Esuna, you're still opposed to every other religion.
Anything can happen. But I'll have to agree that it's unlikely to be a lot of love between Imp and the other faiths.
Rohan Koht

Post by Rohan Koht »

Mike wrote:If something is plain ridiculous it's your attempt to downplay things with your little quotation marks and veiled insults.
Veiled insults?
Consul is someone that is appointed by either people (in a liberal party) or by a government (in a republican democracy). It serves as a diplomat rather than a leader. So yes, ridiculous to name the HP as consul.

Senate is a group of people that usually serves either as advisors or leadership. The people that belong to the senate are usually senators, not "senate".

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to get some sense out of whatever you want to make Imperial be, and probably even help you in this beta process.

Mike wrote:Anything can happen. But I'll have to agree that it's unlikely to be a lot of love between Imp and the other faiths.
Whatever you want to do, if you want to change the religion radically, you'll either have to write a big turning point or rewrite all history since Taloo. Unless we're officially shitting on what happened on the shard since it's beginning. :P
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Rohan , if you acculy check, you can see that we have the rank of senator for the poeple in the senate.
The Consul is still slightly above the senate, as it should and yes, I am elected by the poeple to run Imp (or becuz there was nobody in the religion at all).

We now have this system becouse we don't want the HP making all the decition, but that the religion should have a big say in all decition, attetude is very annoying.

Mike

Post by Mike »

The meaning of the word is in the Roman sense. Where the Consuls were military leaders as well as diplomats. One of them typically commanded armies that consisted of more than one legion in the republican era, before the emperors. And since you vote for a high priest anyway it makes sense, and it's not a democratic vote, since the priviledged (the ones with the highest piety) has the most say.