A look at the rules..

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: A look at the rules..

Post by Quintoz »

Alty, perhaps make Imps rescue rite possible to cast with say 100 piety, and maybe wrong easier to, but if it's easier for Imperial, the enemys of Felucca and friends of Imperial can be free'ed easier, why so low piety, becouse we only have 2 member atm, and nobody seems intrested in our order atm (can be increased more for every member that joins to).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I guess making Wrong easier would balance things out some, wouldn't have to get such a big party then. Making Imperials rescue rite easier to cast would also be good, and easy if I am not mistaken.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The thing with imperials rescue rite that it was changed to so much piety is because imperial shouldnt be helping murders and robbers. That is against Esunas beliefs, it was made to help imperial and imperials allies.

Wrong being made easier isnt such a bad idea since robbers can't loot at the moment and there isnt that many players around with good enough skill to handle it (could be changed as a larger playerbase comes).

When it comes to using guards to get gear, Guards is the last straw you can use after a few failed attempts at trying to retrieve your gear. Guards were meant to be used only for protection of the citizens and in religious wars. You need to look at them from a roleplay standpoint that you are actually summoning people that protect cities to come help you and that there is a chance they could die to the monsters. You all think of them as just something that is unimportant and a great advantage in fights. The only reason that law and imperial have guards is because they have cities they are supposed to protect. If someone dies to monsters and cant get their gear they can call law to help them but it isnt good roleplay for law just to come and spam guards. These rules were made after years of seeing what players did and do and trying to eliminate abuse.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Well Troy, about the Esunas belifes thing, you have given the HP's the chance to change their religions goals and also their belifes.
With that said, I can hang out with whoever I want according to that rule.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Well Troy, about the Esunas belifes thing, you have given the HP's the chance to change their religions goals and also their belifes.
With that said, I can hang out with whoever I want according to that rule.
Still need that list ,and what your belife is so untill that has happend, and it has been served to the staff, you are still going by the old belief.

Alteran
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Troy wrote: When it comes to using guards to get gear, Guards is the last straw you can use after a few failed attempts at trying to retrieve your gear. Guards were meant to be used only for protection of the citizens and in religious wars. You need to look at them from a roleplay standpoint that you are actually summoning people that protect cities to come help you and that there is a chance they could die to the monsters. You all think of them as just something that is unimportant and a great advantage in fights. The only reason that law and imperial have guards is because they have cities they are supposed to protect. If someone dies to monsters and cant get their gear they can call law to help them but it isnt good roleplay for law just to come and spam guards. These rules were made after years of seeing what players did and do and trying to eliminate abuse.
Unfortunately, you are mistaken. As a rule, Order of Law, and Order of Imperial are not able to summon guards to kill monsters for anyone but themselves. Meaning, someone calls Geryn saying he got killed by a Water Giant, Geryn can't run to where the giant is located, and cast guards. That is illegal and poor RP. One of our guys found that out the hard way. However, the rule dictates, and has been heavily enforced by both the HP's of Law, and former GM's and Admins, that, if an Officer, or Imperial member, while hunting, gets killed and looted, he is then allowed, according to rules, to use guards to kill the monster, IF it is too difficult to kill by simply changing gear and trying again. That being said, the guards are permitted to ONLY kill the Monster who slew you, and looted your things, and is thus a breach of the rules if you continue to lure monsters to your guards.

It is something that has been heavily, and strictly enforced for as long as I can remember, and is fine just the way it is.