debate

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Re: debate

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:It's shut down only if the players (in Imperial) want so. Not by the staff.

- Boris

Kent is the only player in Imperial. And he says Yes. So it's a Go.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Boris wrote:It's shut down only if the players (in Imperial) want so. Not by the staff.

- Boris

Kent is the only player in Imperial. And he says Yes. So it's a Go.
True, give me time to move my things though :P
Jan

Post by Jan »

- Boris
.................. so if Kent says yes, the staff will close Malas? I live on Malas too.............. :x

Don't u think there is time zone issue too?

So u close Malas, bring the players closer...then what next? ur playerbase is not going to increase just because u shut down Malas unless u have new and exciting things to give.
In the big woods when you leave familiar ground alone, there will be feelings of curiosity and excitement, a little nagging of the dread. It is the ancient fear of the Unknown, and it is your first bond with the wilderness. -:-
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I was talking about Imperial, not Malas.

I have created a poll on this issue. Please leave your vote there aswell.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Bob Fontan

Post by Bob Fontan »

personally i dont think shutting down imperial will do anything for the shard. i know you guys are thinking if players are around one another more they will rp encouraging shard growth.... however in the past people ran right past one another without saying anything..... i would say to encourage shard growth we need a newb guild or 2 with easy quests and sales events like mitzy used to do in mushymarket may help.....
Bob Fontan

Post by Bob Fontan »

also imperial is a big part of pang religeon..... i just dont see any reason to kill it or any other religeons.... i would say if you have to close malas please move them to occlo or something good sized...... however the rp section of religeon would need updated with something quite fitting to the situation...... perhaps like a reason why imperial cant return to their land for the time being due to portal situations or something.......... that would at least make it a temp thing without killing a religeon.... more religeons is a better choice as long as players dont try to stop people from joining due to whatever bs ooc reason....
Acca

Post by Acca »

I really don't see how shutting down Imperial and Malas will benefit the shard. If its true that Kent is pretty much the only Imperial around these days then all that will happen is Nature/Law/Tekstone will gain 1 priest and the shard loses an entire map with some nice features a long with a religion that despite what some might say, is steeped in history. Lets face it, the shard is never going to get back to its glory days and slowly butchering it until it dies doesnt seem right.
The only way the shard can improve is with an injection of players which is pretty unlikely, it is down to current staff and players to try and get their friends who have never played before to make an account, help them get started ect so they stick it out being a newb instead of just quitting when they die or lose their stuff. Or maybe staff could send a mass email to every account holder inviting them to come back to play with some form of incentive. Ive been living away at university this last year and I wasnt even able to log in because of the security settings of the university internet so thats why Ive not been playing at all but it would be nice to see pang on its feet again.
I think staff could mess around with religions, rites, maps, and classes until they are blue in the face but its not going to make a scrap of difference unless there is a substantial increase in the amount of players.
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Well I thought like the rest of you, that closing Malas might increase player interaction and people might come back, but Acca makes a hell of a point. Closing Malas is not going to make this game any newer of more exciting.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Kent Strider wrote:Well I thought like the rest of you, that closing Malas might increase player interaction and people might come back, but Acca makes a hell of a point. Closing Malas is not going to make this game any newer of more exciting.
That's the first step.

My sleeves are packed with aces. A lot of improvements and ideas are to be introduced. Ofcourse I can't promise anything, I'm just a GM, but I will present various ideas to make this shard more dynamic. Again.

Next, another hot issue known as looting.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Frog Morton

Post by Frog Morton »

i would say to encourage shard growth we need a newb guild or 2 with easy quests and sales events like mitzy used to do in mushymarket may help.....
Please NO... we need to start removing Mitzy/Seraph sex areas from this shard or make them static... If you think the shard is laggy try running in the slums of New Heaven...
meaningless visual "noise"
auditory hallucinations / sound distortions
altered sense of space and time
fear and/or paranoia
feeling as though one is losing one's mind
feeling as though one is dying