New house system

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Neon

New house system

Post by Neon »

New house system:

Many of you have already noticed, that I have worked on a new house system.
new and new, it's the old house system which has been optimized with some new things.

However, as many also knows. Almost all the houses where deeded as "Normal Houses" and a few as "Large Houses". And the prices on the houses in Britain, Luna and Gravewater is deeded at a higher price in the rest. But after the Wipe, there was created a new way to deed the houses on. But they did not calculate prices, area, lockdowns, containers or secure. And many other things were not calculated.

So I've made a lot of scripting in the house system during the last 6-8 months.
I have tested many options on my test server to avoid being a "Bad ash Admin" and make the change so little harmful as possible .

And here are the result:

This will benefit the new players on the shard, and be a little hard for the old players.
However, do not take it so hard, the old players there got a big house will get more lockdowns.

From now on will there not be a higher prices on houses in a special city. (Like Britain, Luna and ...)
But there will be a limit, so you are no longer able to buy more than 1 house in Britain or Luna.
The Field and Additional Land will not count as a house in these towns, but it will count in the total house- value. The Special Garden is only for Special Houses and therefore will it no longer count as house-value, but there will still be a price to pay for them.

The old script had these types of houses player could buy:
Field, Additional Land, Special Garden, Normal House, Britain House, Luna House, Grave Waterhouse, New Haven House, Large House, Huge House and Special House.

The new script has these house types players are able to buy:
Field, Additional Land, Special Garden, Small House, Normal House, Large House, Huge House, Special House and New Haven House.

As many have noted, only these types were used in the old:
Field, Additional Land, Special Garden, Normal House, Large House.
Because the script was not rewritten after the new way to deed the houses on there was made after the Item Wipe on the shard.

So the calculated script will have huge effect on all houses.
Some will have to pay more for the house they got, and other will get money back.
There are an Upgrade House Price button in the sign, this button will tell you.
Whether you have to pay or receive money.
(Please notice that you will not be forced to pay for now or move.)
If you sell the house by using the Sell house button, the house will auto-redeed to the new house system. This will also mean that you will get the price you paid for the house -10% as always.
The auto-redeed will also happens if the house decay.

For them there got more than 1 house in Britain, they will not have to do anything. The system knows you got more than 1 house, and if you will move to another house inside Britain first then you have to do something. You will now be forced to sell them all before you can buy the new.
The same goes for houses inside Luna.

The limit in Britain and Luna is to avoid one player to buy all the houses inside those city's.

But all this can you find on your sign and see the rest on the homepage http://www.pangaea-world.dk

And now for the new stuff.

With the new house system, you will be able to look at the sign, before you decide to move there.
You was only able to see the price on the sign, if you had a full house-value (50).

Another new thing is if you comes to a house you will love to buy, but you did not take the money with you from the bank. And you click on the buy button. You will be asked to get help from the banker to buy it. You will be told if you don't have the money at all.
But this is not free, the banker will take 5% of the house price in profit.
He will maximum take 500.000gp for the deal.

Fields are for Farming.
Additional Land are meant as a showroom to a house, and will be attached to the house sign.
Special Garden are meant as a showroom for a Special House and will also were attached to sign.

The restriction list on Field is: (I was told to write this long time ago)
Allowed to lockdown.

Lighting:
Torch , lantern, candle.
Fence:
Billboard, Billboard Re-enforced, Wooden Fence, Wooden Cross Fence and Wooden Gates.
Containers:
Normal:
Small Crate, Medium Crate, Large Crate, Wooden Chest, Metal Chest, Silver Chest and Barrel.
Storage:
Large Crate, Metal Chest, Silver Chest, Barrel and Wooden Chest.
Cooking:
Small wedge of cheese, large wedge of cheese, wheel of cheese, empty pitcher, pitcher of milk.
Farming:
Furrow, Beeswax, beehive, wool, cotton, flax, Fertile Dirt and wheat sheaf.
Raw:
honey, onion, lettuce, carrot, cabbage, corn and turnip.
Seeds:
corn, turnip bulb, onion bulb, flax, cotton, carrot, wheat, hop, lettuce, cabbage and flower.
Flowers:
Campion, Red Poppies and Snowdrops.
Misc. Items:
cauldron, kettle filled with milk, kettle, iron key, gold key, keyring, rusty key, scarecrow, Furrow-deed, single hay, hay, trash-can and Trash Barrel.

The restriction list on Additional Land and Special Garden is:
Allowed to lockdown.

Lighting:
Torch, lantern, candle, walls cone left, walls cone right, wall torch left, wall torch right, candlestick, small candlabra, tall candlabra, square lamppost, round lamppost, fancy lamppost, brazier, skull candle, tall brazier, short leg brazier and candle of love.
Fence:
Billboard, Billboard Re-enforced, Wooden Fence, Wooden Cross Fence and Wooden Gates.
Carpenter tools:
Dovetail saw, Hammer, moulding plane, Jointing plane, Smoothing plane, Saw, draw knife, Froe, inshave and Scorp.
Containers:
Normal:
Picnic Basket, Brass Box; Wooden Box, Small Basket, Large Basket, Small Crate, Medium Crate, Large Crate, Wooden Chest, Metal Chest, Silver Chest, Barrel, Chest Of Drawers, Drawer, Chest Drawer Dark, Drawer Dark, Chest Drawers Dark, Dresser, Armoire Dark, Cherry Armoire, Armoire Light, Brown Armoire, Armoire Dark, Bookcase, Book Shelf, Empty Book Shelf, Treasure Chest and Keg.
Storage:
Metal Chest, Silver Chest, Brass Box, Barrel, Wooden Box, Wooden Chest and Large Crate.
Cooking:
cauldron, frying pan, rolling pin, wheel of cheese, bacon strip, Cooked Fish Steak, french bread, fried egg, cooked bird, cooked sausage, cake, muffin, honey, Cooked Rib, bread, cooked fish, lemon herb fish, smoked salmon, cookbook, cheese pizza, sausage pizza, vegetarian pizza, onion pizza, corn muffin, garlic bread, pancakes, baked ham, honey baked ham, beef jerky, sushi, carrot cake, apple cake, apple fritters, lemon tarts, lime cake, lemon cake, coconut cake, apple pie, peach cobbler, mincemeat pie, chicken pot pie, pumpkin pie, lemon meringue pie, coconut cream pie, key lime pie, onion rings and chocolate rabbit.
Farming:
beehive
Seeds:
flower.
Flowers:
Campion Flowers, Red Poppies and Snowdrops.
Tinkering:
mug, goblet, plate, large vase, small vase, crystal ball, basin, kettle, Clock frame, clock parts, Axle and gears, Gears, Hinge, Sextant parts, axle, springs, clock, necklace, bracelet, earrings, ring, Empty Flowerpot, Empty Large Flowerpot, Beeswax, dipping stick, Pot of Wax, An Alchemical Symbol, Skull, Head, tool kit, re-key kit and Tinkers Tools.
Decoration:
silverware, Stool, Bench, Wooden Chair, Throne, Small Table, Counter, Writing Desk, Fancy Chair, Cushioned Chair, Chair, Simple Chair, Fancy Table, Wooden Table, Veneer Table, Plain Table, Large Plain Table, Large Plank Table, glowing rune, String Of Shells, Decorative Table, Fancy Counter, Stone Chair, statue, bust, Long Table, Bellows, Large Forge, Solid Table,
Deeds:
Anvil, Small Forge, Training Dummie, Pick pocket Dip, Spinning Wheel, Bed Deed, Loom, Mill, Pentagram, Brown Bearskin Rug, White Bearskin Rug, Fireplace, Oven, Large Forge, Banner, Piano, Lamp, Ankh, Fountain, Tombstone, Furrow,
Blank Scroll, golden book, old book, map, rolled map, Carving Kit, blank map, treasure map, Decoded Map and books.
Tailoring:
Ball Of Yarn, bolt of cloth, Sewing Kit, Scissors, Magic Sewing Kit, Seam Ripper, hide, bridle and cloth.
Alchemy:
Mortar, All Potion,
Musicianship:
Drum, Tamborine, Tamborine With Ribbon, Standing Harp, Harp, Lute and Flute.
Weapons:
All Weapons.
Armor:
All Armors.
Bowcraft:
All Arrows and Bolt.
Feather, All Arrow Shaft,
Magic:
Spell book and rune book.
Training:
butte, training dummy and pick pocket dummy.
Bug rewards:
All
Misc.:
Fishing Pole, Fishing Net, kettle filled with milk, iron key, gold key, keyring, rusty key, Furrow Deed, single hay, hay, trashcan, Trash Barrel, Dye Water Tub, Dye Water Barrel, tongs, Conch Shell, Shells, Nautilus, Shell, Gold Coin, Shovel, Assay Kit, stretched hide, Large Potted Tree, Potted Tree, Large Flowerpot, Flowerpot, recall rune, dyes dyeitems, dyetub dyeitems, maskclaimdeed, guildstone, guilddeed, CommCrystalMaster, CommCrystalReceiver and Yucca Tree.
Boat Deeds:
small boat deed, small dragon boat deed, medium boat deed, medium dragon boat deed, large boat deed and large dragon boat deed.

The only things not allowed inside houses is Beehive and Wooden Gates!!!
Frog Morton

Re: New house system

Post by Frog Morton »

Thank you :D
meaningless visual "noise"
auditory hallucinations / sound distortions
altered sense of space and time
fear and/or paranoia
feeling as though one is losing one's mind
feeling as though one is dying
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I tried reading it all without breathing and almost passed out, that mean's good job! :D.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Frog Morton

Post by Frog Morton »

I found more than one bug I would like to talk to you about.
meaningless visual "noise"
auditory hallucinations / sound distortions
altered sense of space and time
fear and/or paranoia
feeling as though one is losing one's mind
feeling as though one is dying
LaLuna

Post by LaLuna »

Please put back the growing of raw reagents!
Neon

Post by Neon »

It was not a bug, it was the wrong folder. hehe

It is fixed now.

And for Laluna it is a no.

Neon
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

now i cant see or reach my additional land sign.
291-697-526
Neon

Post by Neon »

aldath c'om wrote:now i cant see or reach my additional land sign.
This is because I havn't been at the sign, and convert it to the new system.

Give me the cordinats and I do it soon.

Neon
Neon

Post by Neon »

Please do not panic.

This was not made to harm anyone.

Therefor the only thing the House Price Update button do, is upgrading the house price to the new system.

When I say you will not be forced to upgrade it I mean it, until the day were we are in need of more houses again.

Until that day, you are simply just lucky that you got a big house to a low price.
And I don't think you will have that house, when that day comes.

Neon
Richard Mota

Post by Richard Mota »

i sold my small 300k house in skara as this script was being released without much info up about it. i managed to get back around 230k and suffered one heck of a loss. any way to recover part of that? also if you upgrade your house and it owes you coinage does it drop it in your backpack or what?